Scot Rose, MCSD
Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support

Want to know more? Check out the MSDN at msdn.microsoft.com or the
Microsoft Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com

This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------

>Subject: Combobox / Drop down list
>Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 09:50:08 -0700

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.controls

>Hello,

>On a form, I have a combo box set as drop down list so
>that the users can't write in it.  By hitting a key, let's
>say "M", the first item starting with "M" will be
>hightlited.  Everything works fine.

>But is it possible to enter more than one character, "M"
>and "E", and then have the first ME... highlighted instead
>of the first M and then the first E...

>Basically, I want my combo to work like the text box in
>the help index.  Is there some kind of function
>like "Find_Nearest" or something like it?

>Thanks a million !

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:44:10 GMT

1. User Input for ComboBox Drop Down List

2. Drop Down List Box - Drop Down portion does not always disappear after Click event

3. Drop-Down List (ComboBox) and Text Box questions

4. Combobox used as a drop down list in a datagrid

5. drop down the list in a combobox programmatically

6. How to clear text of drop-down list combobox

7. How to clear text of drop-down list combobox

8. How do I make a ComboBox with a drop-down wider then the ComboBox

9. Drop-down list in a list view

10. List of servers in VB for a drop down list

11. Press F1 key while drop-down menu item highlighted, drop-down menu stays on top