Forms 2.0 Combo
Author Message
 Forms 2.0 Combo

I'm a Visual Basic programmer and I've a problem bringing combobox (of
Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object library) INFRONT of MS FlexGrid.

I want to put my Microsoft Forms 2.0 objects (combo, listbox,
comandbutton, textbox) on TOP of other controls (FlexGrid, common
controls ... etc.)

Would you help me ? Is there a solution ? It's very very important .

Thanks,
Ramy

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:34:17 GMT
 Forms 2.0 Combo

Standard FM20.DLL reply follows..
'==================
MSForms components weren't designed to work with VB. There are several
licensing issues as well as the fact that they just don't work well..
You can't legally distribute that library in any way shape or form. The end
user *must* have this library correctly installed. It is installed as part
of Microsoft Office and a few other Microsoft packages. There is at least
one free way to download the library but that must be done by the end user.
Q224305 - INFO Usage and Redistribution of FM20.DLL
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q224/3/05.ASP

if you use and distribute it anyway, below is what the end user will see...
Q241245 - PRB: "Error 7 - Out of Memory" Error Message From Visual Basic
Application Using FM20.DLL
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q241/2/45.ASP

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:

> I'm a Visual Basic programmer and I've a problem bringing combobox (of
> Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object library) INFRONT of MS FlexGrid.

> I want to put my Microsoft Forms 2.0 objects (combo, listbox,
> comandbutton, textbox) on TOP of other controls (FlexGrid, common
> controls ... etc.)

> Would you help me ? Is there a solution ? It's very very important .

> Thanks,
> Ramy

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:18:45 GMT
 Forms 2.0 Combo
One more time ...

Forms 2.0 controls are not supported, nor are they intended to be used, in VB applications. You are a) breaking licensing agreement and b) asking for big problems with your code.

Additionally, Forms 2.0 controls are lightweight controls and therefore can not occupy a graphical layer higher than level 2. To show overtop a grid or other control they would have to be a level 3 control. So the short answer is you can't.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

*There are 10 kinds of people...those who understand binary and those
who don't.*

Quote:

> I'm a Visual Basic programmer and I've a problem bringing combobox (of
> Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object library) INFRONT of MS FlexGrid.

> I want to put my Microsoft Forms 2.0 objects (combo, listbox,
> comandbutton, textbox) on TOP of other controls (FlexGrid, common
> controls ... etc.)

> Would you help me ? Is there a solution ? It's very very important .

> Thanks,
> Ramy

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:58:11 GMT

1. MS Forms 2.0 Combo Box Question

2. Forms 2.0 Combo

3. MS Forms 2.0 Combo box Drop Down

4. Boundcolumn Problem - Forms 2.0 Combo

5. Forms 2.0 Combo

6. forms 2.0 combo box column heads

7. MS Forms 2.0 Combo Box Problem

8. Forms 2.0 combo and DBGrid problem

9. Dbgrid & Forms 2.0 Combo Box

10. Forms 2.0 Combo

11. Populate Forms 2.0 Multi-Column Combo

12. Access 2.0/VB3.0 Combo box