Default User Preferences
Author Message

If I have a combo box with (n) unique items specific to the user such as
time zone or state, what command do I use to get my program to 'remember'
the last used item the next time the program is executed?

---

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:47:21 GMT
You need to store the desired values somewhere such as an INI file or
the registry and then load them the next time the application is run.

You might want to have a look at the INI file API functions at
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/  or have a look at Get/SaveSetting in your
VB help file.

HTH,
Bryan
New Vision Software            "When the going gets weird,"
Bryan Stafford                   "the weird turn pro."

Microsoft MVP-Visual Basic     Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002 13:47:21 -0500, "Marty Burch"

Quote:

>If I have a combo box with (n) unique items specific to the user such as
>time zone or state, what command do I use to get my program to 'remember'
>the last used item the next time the program is executed?

>---

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 03:10:32 GMT

1. User Preferences located in a seperate file

2. Use of app.config and saving user preferences...

3. Advice on saving array of users preferences

4. User Preferences

5. managing user preferences...opinions needed

6. Saving user preferences

7. Integrating Current User settings into Default User

8. Application preferences and settings

9. New Syntax Preferences?

10. changing per-contact mail format preference setting

11. Printing Preferences

12. resetting local profile preferences