Calendar control 8.0 crash in WinXP Home Edition
Author Message
 Calendar control 8.0 crash in WinXP Home Edition

Hi everyone,

I just installed Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprized edition on
WinXP home edition PC.  When I start the Visual Basic and
and I drop the Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 to the
form, Visual Basic crashed.  I even downloaded Visual
Studio SP5 and installed sucessfully, and I also checked
MSCAL.ocx file in system folder and even registered
mannually, but still crashed.

Does anyone have any idea why????

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:35:38 GMT
 Calendar control 8.0 crash in WinXP Home Edition
How exactly does it crash ?

I.e. is there an error or does it just unload...

Quote:
> Hi everyone,

> I just installed Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprized edition on
> WinXP home edition PC.  When I start the Visual Basic and
> and I drop the Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 to the
> form, Visual Basic crashed.  I even downloaded Visual
> Studio SP5 and installed sucessfully, and I also checked
> MSCAL.ocx file in system folder and even registered
> mannually, but still crashed.

> Does anyone have any idea why????

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:23:55 GMT
 Calendar control 8.0 crash in WinXP Home Edition
Right before it crash, visual studio ask whether I want to
send error report to Microsoft or not.  If I click send
report, after it send to report to the microsoft, and it
just shuts down visual studio.  When I click on debug, it
brings up C++ debug mode and shuts down visual studio.

Quote:

Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:16:09 GMT
 Calendar control 8.0 crash in WinXP Home Edition
I had the same thing happen... In the System 32 folder look for all of the MSCAL.* files, there is one there called mscal.oca (Or dca, I cannot remember) Rename it
to something else and see if that resolves the problem.

Scot Rose, MCSD
Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support

This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Want to know more? Check out the MSDN Library at http://msdn.microsoft.com
                            or the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com

Perhaps your question has already been answered!!!!
                                                                   Search for it first at http://groups.google.com

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:38:15 GMT

1. WinXP Home Edition. .NET Framework

2. FormatNumber function in VB6 for WinXP Home Edition

3. vb dotNet Learning Edition on XP Home Edition??

4. Cannot Find Calendar Control 8.0

5. ActiveX Component Problem: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0

6. MS calendar control 8.0 does not support other languages

7. Questions about MS Calendar Control 8.0

8. VB Calendar Control 8.0 Year Change Event

9. VB5 Calendar Control 8.0

10. Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0

11. VB 5.0 - Calendar Control 8.0, looking for source code sample

12. ActiveX Component Problem: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0