Scrollbars on MDI Child
Author Message
 Scrollbars on MDI Child

I have an MDI Child form with a FlexGrid on it that I'm populating with
records from a database.  As the number of records chosen changes, the
FlexGrid varies in rows (height).  I have a subroutine that moves all the
controls below the FlexGrid down as the FlexGrid increases in height.
Everything works well, so that if there are 10 rows, the other controls move
down appropriately.  The problem is that if there are 25 rows, the controls
below the FlexGrid move right out of sight off the bottom of the form.  Is
there a way to implement a vertical scrollbar on an MDI child form?

Thanks,
Cliffe Hodgkinson
NICHIRIN INC.

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:45:19 GMT
 Scrollbars on MDI Child
Ok stick a picbox and scrollbar on your form so the picbox
covers all of the form apart from the scrollbar.  Now add
a second picbox to the form on the first pic box.  Place
all your controls on this picbox and size it to fit them.
Now use the scrollbar to move the second picbox.  The
first picbox will clip the second making it look like you
are scrolling it.

Peter

Quote:

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 18:16:32 GMT
 Scrollbars on MDI Child
Great, thanks, that worked.  Now, the problem is that the controls I've
placed into the picbox don't show up at runtime.  Any suggestions?  I have
one textbox & label that DO show up, but the rest don't.  I've checked stuff
like Visible and ZOrder, but no luck so far.

Thanks,
Cliffe Hodgkinson
NICHIRIN INC.

Quote:
> Ok stick a picbox and scrollbar on your form so the picbox
> covers all of the form apart from the scrollbar.  Now add
> a second picbox to the form on the first pic box.  Place
> all your controls on this picbox and size it to fit them.
> Now use the scrollbar to move the second picbox.  The
> first picbox will clip the second making it look like you
> are scrolling it.

> Peter

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 03:09:16 GMT
 Scrollbars on MDI Child
Seems easier to use the scrollbars on the grid control..

Quote:
> Great, thanks, that worked.  Now, the problem is that the controls I've
> placed into the picbox don't show up at runtime.  Any suggestions?  I have
> one textbox & label that DO show up, but the rest don't.  I've checked
stuff
> like Visible and ZOrder, but no luck so far.

> Thanks,
> Cliffe Hodgkinson
> NICHIRIN INC.

> > Ok stick a picbox and scrollbar on your form so the picbox
> > covers all of the form apart from the scrollbar.  Now add
> > a second picbox to the form on the first pic box.  Place
> > all your controls on this picbox and size it to fit them.
> > Now use the scrollbar to move the second picbox.  The
> > first picbox will clip the second making it look like you
> > are scrolling it.

> > Peter

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:15:06 GMT
 Scrollbars on MDI Child
Yes, that would be another way of doing it.  An infinitely easier way, if
you like easy things.

Thanks a lot,
Cliffe Hodgkinson
NICHIRIN INC.

Quote:
> Seems easier to use the scrollbars on the grid control..

message

> > Great, thanks, that worked.  Now, the problem is that the controls I've
> > placed into the picbox don't show up at runtime.  Any suggestions?  I
have
> > one textbox & label that DO show up, but the rest don't.  I've checked
> stuff
> > like Visible and ZOrder, but no luck so far.

> > Thanks,
> > Cliffe Hodgkinson
> > NICHIRIN INC.

> > > Ok stick a picbox and scrollbar on your form so the picbox
> > > covers all of the form apart from the scrollbar.  Now add
> > > a second picbox to the form on the first pic box.  Place
> > > all your controls on this picbox and size it to fit them.
> > > Now use the scrollbar to move the second picbox.  The
> > > first picbox will clip the second making it look like you
> > > are scrolling it.

> > > Peter

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 04:32:26 GMT

1. Scrollbars on MDI child forms?

2. Scrollbars on MDI Child Form

3. mdi child form with rtb & scrollbars problem

4. mdi child form with rtb & scrollbars problem

5. MDI Child and Scrollbars

6. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

7. MDI problem, com MDI to MDI-child

8. MDI problem, com MDI to MDI-child

9. MDI problem, com MDI to MDI child

10. Using MDI Menus with child menu when child are hidden for popup

11. Using MDI Menus with child menu when child are hidden for popup

12. MDI Child ActiveX not treated as true child.