Z ordering with image boxes
Author Message
 Z ordering with image boxes
How do I achieve Z-ordering with image boxes? thanks
As far as I know, only picture boxes support Z-ordering, Can it be achieved
with image boxes?
Thanks once again!
Jack

Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:48:14 GMT
 Z ordering with image boxes
Hi Jacky:

Quote:
> How do I achieve Z-ordering with image boxes?

Same as any other control -- use ZOrder

I suspect what may be confusing you is that you can only
ZOrder within the same graphical layer.  Labels are in the
lowest graphical layer (non-windowed controls) along
image controls, shape controls (and probably a few others
that slip my mind right now) -- so they can only be ordered
amongst those controls.  Then you have windowed controls
such as textbox, picturebox, etc. which are in the layer above
the non-windowed controls -- so you wouldn't be able to
set a label control (non-windowed) to appear above a
picturebox (windowed control).

Hope this helps,

Doug.

Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:18:52 GMT
 Z ordering with image boxes
Almost all controls support ZOrder.. the problem is Image and Label controls
(afaik) aren't drawn on the same graphics layer as the "heavier" controls..
like command buttons and textboxes.. there's no way to make a Image/Label
ZOrder in front of these controls.

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:

> How do I achieve Z-ordering with image boxes? thanks
> As far as I know, only picture boxes support Z-ordering, Can it be
> achieved with image boxes?
> Thanks once again!
> Jack

Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:18:50 GMT

1. Determining Z-Order of image controls?

2. How to put a image from a image box into an access file

3. Viewing .png and other types of images files with picture/image box

4. How to put a image from a image box into an access file

5. Store the image in picture box control into the image data type in SQL server

6. image boxes and gif images

7. FS: 4 Box Set of 3d image software plus 4000+ 3d images

8. moving image in image box

9. How to display an animated gif in a Picture Box, Image Box

10. How to move Picture box to Image box?

11. Picture Box and Image Box

12. Printing picture box or image box