Printer Dialog sets System Wide Printer settings....
Author Message
 Printer Dialog sets System Wide Printer settings....

Is there anyway for me to get around the CommonDialog.ShowPrinter changing
the Default printer and settings.

If I change commondialog1.PrinterDefault = False it doesn't change the
windows printer settings.... but then I can't use the "Printer Object" to
print stuff.

Anyone know?..

Ben Withers

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Dialog sets System Wide Printer settings....
Take a look at:

PRB: CommonDialog Changes System Wide Printer Properties      Q198712
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ARTICLES/Q198/7/12.asp

- Jens -

Quote:
> Is there anyway for me to get around the CommonDialog.ShowPrinter changing
> the Default printer and settings.

> If I change commondialog1.PrinterDefault = False it doesn't change the
> windows printer settings.... but then I can't use the "Printer Object" to
> print stuff.

> Anyone know?..

> Ben Withers

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printer Dialog sets System Wide Printer settings....

2. How to Set System-Wide Default Printer Orientation?

3. How to set system wide default printer

4. Changing Printers (was Re: Getz code error/setting printer info)

5. Problem setting the active printer of Word 97 without changing the Windows default printer

6. A HOW-TO: Setting Printer fonts: WAS Printer fonts

7. Setting application default printer and setting its properties (VB5)

8. Changing the printer capture and setting printer driver

9. Setting tab stops on Windows system printer

10. Setting up printers without print dialog.

11. Setting System Default Printer

12. Setting the System Default Printer in Visual Basic