emergency
Author Message
 emergency

Please, what do you think about this :
I created a simple soft with VB 5 and reports with Crystal Report Pro, my
soft is running well on my prog computer (Win98), and I can preview and
print my reports.

When I install this on another computer, Win98 too (recently formated, so I
guess clean!), if I ask for a report , I have this message : "error 20533 -
impossible to open the database "
I don't understant, the reports were created with this one, and the database
is running well on the second computer.

I use only a cryst. control, named CR, and ask for cr.action=1 in my code.
there are no selection,
in the properties of the control, the probl is the same if I complete or not
the "Data source property"

Thanks for your help
Jean Claude

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Conseils, recherche sur le net
TELECHARGEZ nos LOGICIELS GRATUITS en version COMPLETE

[...]

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 emergency

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 emergency
Try to set the database filename before cr.Action=1, with
cr.database(0)="c:\app\db.mdb" or something like this.

I'm looking for another report designer, like thw VB6 built-it: Crystal
Reports was the best with VB3 or VB4-16, but with VB5 or VB6 it's complex
and complicated environment that return a lot of error messages that says
nothing. For example: why the CR should not display "Waning: I can't open
the database 'c:\app\db.mdb' because the DLL 'xyz' is not loaded in the
memory" or "...because the database is read-only and I can't make changes"?

Bye!

Quote:

> Please, what do you think about this :
> I created a simple soft with VB 5 and reports with Crystal report Pro, my
> soft is running well on my prog computer (Win98), and I can preview and
> print my reports.

> When I install this on another computer, Win98 too (recently formated, so
> guess clean!), if I ask for a report , I have this message : "error
20533 -
> impossible to open the database "
> I don't understant, the reports were created with this one, and the
database
> is running well on the second computer.

> I use only a cryst. control, named CR, and ask for cr.action=1 in my code.
> there are no selection,
> in the properties of the control, the probl is the same if I complete or
not
> the "Data source property"

> Thanks for your help
> Jean Claude

> http://www.iasas.net/
> Conseils, recherche sur le net
> TELECHARGEZ nos LOGICIELS GRATUITS en version COMPLETE

> I created a simple soft with VB 5 and reports with Crystal report Pro, my
> soft is running well on my prog computer (Win98), and I can preview and
> print my reports.

> When I install this on another computer, Win98 too (recently formated, so
> guess clean!), if I ask for a report , I have this message : "error
20533 -
> impossible to open the database "
> I don't understant, the reports were created with this one, and the
database
> is running well on the second computer.

> I use only a cryst. control, named CR, and ask for cr.action=1 in my code.
> there are no selection,
> in the properties of the control, the probl is the same if I complete or
not
> the "Data source property"

> Thanks for your help
> Jean Claude

> http://www.iasas.net/
> Conseils, recherche sur le net
> TELECHARGEZ nos LOGICIELS GRATUITS en version COMPLETE

Wed, 06 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. EMERGENCY: Need to Repair/Restore Database

2. emergency help! ocx problem with roaming profiles

3. Emergency - can't view a module

4. Emergency - Macro imports from .csv into calendar

5. HELP I'm in trouble EMERGENCY...

6. Quickbasic 4.5 Emergency

7. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!!!!!!

8. PLEASE HELP ME IT'S AN EMERGENCY!

9. Emergency!---->Please Help With Print Manager.......

10. Emergency help needed on forms.count, PLEASE

11. Question about edit in ADO! Emergency, Thanks

12. Api question emergency