Winsock Control Bug
Author Message
 Winsock Control Bug

I have a big problem with the winsock control:
(Version 6.00.8140)

1. It is placed on a form in my application.

2. I have a dial-up internetconnection.

3. I start my compiled program.

4. I'm not connected to the Internet.
I call the "Connect"-method of the winsock-control and get the error 11001
"Non Authoritative answer: Host not found"

So far so good.

5. Now I connect to the internet using my dial-up.

When trying to call the "Connect"-method of the winsock-control I always get
error 11001.

6. I quit my application and restart it again.

7. Now I can connect with the winsock-control to the host.

Is there a workaround for this problem ?  Is this a known bug ?

Thanks in advance,

Detlef

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock Control Bug
I believe the following will help.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q173/6/19.asp

Quote:

--
yabba
===========================

Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Winsock Control Bug?!?

2. winsock control/bug

3. Winsock control (sp2) memory bug!

4. Bugs in Winsock Control (?)

5. VB5 / MS-Winsock control: event firing bug?

6. Bugs in Winsock Control (?)

7. Bugs in Winsock Control (?)

8. Winsock control (sp2) memory bug!

9. VB6 Winsock Control vs. Winsock API

10. Winsock Control Error 2 winsock.listen

11. WinSock control CPU hog and gimme WinSock API! :)

12. Winsock vb Control vs Winsock 32 API??