Special Tab Control similar to tab control in MS outlook
Author Message
 Special Tab Control similar to tab control in MS outlook

: I was wondering if there was a VB tab control similar to the Microsoft
: Outlook 97 tab control which is displayed on the left hand side of the
: screen.  To describe it, instead of the tabs being displayed consecutively
: across the entire object like a default SSTab control, I want it to display
: headers with 1 header per row.        Clicking on a header displays that part of
: the tab, and the rest of the header moves up and down accordingly.

It's not really a tab control, because you can only fill it with
icons/shortcuts. Janus Systems at www.janussys.com sells such a "button
bar". Microsoft appears not to. I don't know whether VB6 comes with one.

Mon, 09 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Special Tab Control similar to tab control in MS outlook
|I was wondering if there was a VB tab control similar to the Microsoft
|Outlook 97 tab control which is displayed on the left hand side of the
|screen.

I have such a control (called SWBButtonBar) for VB5 at my site.  A trial
version can be downloaded.

Vinnie Murdico
Software with Brains, Inc.
http://www.softwarewithbrains.com

Mon, 09 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Special Tab Control similar to tab control in MS outlook
Try the ActiveListBar Control by Sheridan. It seems identical.

Neil Moran

Quote:

>: I was wondering if there was a VB tab control similar to the Microsoft
>: Outlook 97 tab control which is displayed on the left hand side of the
>: screen.  To describe it, instead of the tabs being displayed
consecutively
>: across the entire object like a default SSTab control, I want it to
display
>: headers with 1 header per row. Clicking on a header displays that part of
>: the tab, and the rest of the header moves up and down accordingly.

>It's not really a tab control, because you can only fill it with
>icons/shortcuts. Janus Systems at www.janussys.com sells such a "button
>bar". Microsoft appears not to. I don't know whether VB6 comes with one.

Wed, 11 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to set the current tab in Tab control of MS COMMON CONTROL

2. Label on MS Tabbed Dialog control prevents validate event firing when changing tabs

3. Masked Edit COM control appears only on first tab page of tab control in VB.NET

4. Tabbing through controls on a tab control

5. tab control - loading controls onto tabs in runtime

6. Tab control & Control on a tab

7. Moving Between Tabs in a Tab Control

8. tab control - order of tabs

9. Tab control in VB dot net shuffling his tabs

10. Adding Tabs To Tab Control

11. How to select Tab Control tab page programmatically?

12. Tab Control Tab Visible