MMControl CDAudio
Author Message
 MMControl CDAudio

Hi folks,

How does one go about reading track names (song titles) and other info from
an audio CD?  I have been using MMControl, and can read and decipher track
lengths, but so far I have not discovered how to read track names.

Does this info even exist on the CD?

Where should I look for more info?

Thanks

Bob

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:29:33 GMT
 MMControl CDAudio

Quote:
> Hi folks,

> How does one go about reading track names (song titles) and other info
from
> an audio CD?  I have been using MMControl, and can read and decipher track
> lengths, but so far I have not discovered how to read track names.

> Does this info even exist on the CD?

It exists on special CDs called CDText.  These discs are easily identifiable
by the word "Text" under the normal Compact Disc Digital Audio logo.  How
you would read the information, I have no idea.

Quote:

> Where should I look for more info?

I don't know for sure where to find info on CDText, but I'd start by just
seaching on the Net using search words like "CDText", "specification",
"programming", etc.  You might want to look into Gracenote/CDDB.  They offer
licensing options enabling you to download CD information from their
database.  If your program is for personal use only (IOW, you make no profit
at all from it), I believe the licensing is free.

http://www.cddb.com/developer/

Mike

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:48:24 GMT
 MMControl CDAudio
hardly any cd-player supports cd-text, only the newest one... and i
never had a cd with cd-text (except the ones i burned myselve)

cddb.com would be a good idea, but as far as i know it isn't free (anymore)
try www.freedb.com, it is compatible to cddb, but it is free!
i never did anything with that, but i think it is a simple http-request
you have to do...

mfg
nikotto

MikeD schrieb:

Quote:

>>Hi folks,

>>How does one go about reading track names (song titles) and other info

> from

>>an audio CD?  I have been using MMControl, and can read and decipher track
>>lengths, but so far I have not discovered how to read track names.

>>Does this info even exist on the CD?

> It exists on special CDs called CDText.  These discs are easily identifiable
> by the word "Text" under the normal Compact Disc Digital Audio logo.  How
> you would read the information, I have no idea.

>>Where should I look for more info?

> I don't know for sure where to find info on CDText, but I'd start by just
> seaching on the Net using search words like "CDText", "specification",
> "programming", etc.  You might want to look into Gracenote/CDDB.  They offer
> licensing options enabling you to download CD information from their
> database.  If your program is for personal use only (IOW, you make no profit
> at all from it), I believe the licensing is free.

> http://www.cddb.com/developer/

> Mike

Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:31:09 GMT

1. CDAudio with MMControl Questions

2. MMcontrol and ProgressBar (CDAUDIO)

3. MCI CDAUDIO Question/Problem

4. CDAudio convert tracklength to HH:MM:SS + Button codes

5. MCI CDAUDIO

6. CDAudio using API calls

7. Retrieving CdAudio key info

8. HELP: MCI Control for VB 5 TimeFormat (CDAudio)

9. Multiple platter CDROM drives and CDaudio

10. CDAudio Time Format Problem HELP!

11. CDaudio, need to send track to player

12. CDaudio to WAVE