Question about ADO Requery
Author Message
 Question about ADO Requery

Greetings,

I have two combo boxes, in separate portions of my software, that use the
same ADODB recordset for supplying the data sources of two bombo boxes.
Unfortunately, I am unable to get ADODB.RecordSet.Requery to work, and many
times receive a "This object method cannot be performed in this context."

Does anyone have any idea as to what might be causing this? These are true
combo boxes in that a user can only select options from the drop down list.
There is no ability to type in new items to the list. Any help would be
appreciated.

Casey

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:59:54 GMT
 Question about ADO Requery
Just some more information, the controls that used the recordsets had
associated Change() events. I've noticed that calling the requery method of
the control's attached recordset triggers the change event for the control.
If I comment out ALL of the change event, event the declaration statement,
the requery method works fine. If I leave the declaration, with no code
inside, I still get an error.

Casey

Quote:
> Greetings,

> I have two combo boxes, in separate portions of my software, that use the
> same ADODB recordset for supplying the data sources of two bombo boxes.
> Unfortunately, I am unable to get ADODB.RecordSet.Requery to work, and
many
> times receive a "This object method cannot be performed in this context."

> Does anyone have any idea as to what might be causing this? These are true
> combo boxes in that a user can only select options from the drop down
list.
> There is no ability to type in new items to the list. Any help would be
> appreciated.

> Casey

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 02:25:24 GMT

1. WIN2000 ADO ERROR -2147467259 With Requery

2. ado and requery

3. ADO Requery disables text boxes

4. Requery ADO recordset

5. ADO requery

6. Requery Error Message (ADO)

7. Requery Data Source Object based on ADO Recordset

8. ADO Requery Error

9. ADO Requery

10. ADO recordset requery

11. Requery Data Source Object based on ADO Recordset

12. ADO Recordset requery