dragging Nodes in a TreeView (VB 6.0)
Author Message
 dragging Nodes in a TreeView (VB 6.0)

Hi all,

How do I enable a _Node_ from a TreeView to be dragged?
If i call   tvwMyTree.Drag   the whole TreeView starts to be dragged,
but i want only to drag and drop nodes!?!

Any idea ?

Thanks,
Roland

--
VERY FUNNY, SCOTTY!  NOW BEAM DOWN MY CLOTHES.

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 dragging Nodes in a TreeView (VB 6.0)
Roland, here are a few MSKB articles I found.

Manipulating and Saving the Nodes in a TreeView Control
Article ID: Q172272
SUMMARY
This sample illustrates how to manipulate nodes with the TreeView control.
It also illustrates how to save the node information to an Access database,
and then restore them. Additionally, this sample implements the drag-and-
drop feature for TreeView control nodes.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q172/2/72.asp?FR=0

Once you start dragging the nodes, you'll probably want to know how to do
the following:

HOWTO: Scroll the TreeView When Dragging and Dropping a Node
Article ID: Q177743
SUMMARY
The TreeView control supports drag-and-drop. When a Node is dragged to the
top or bottom of the control, the control does not automatically scroll
vertically. Because the control does not support scrolling when doing drag-
and-drop, scrolling must be implemented by the developer. This article
demonstrates one way to implement scrolling when performing drag-and-drop.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q177/7/43.asp?FR=0

HTH
galen

Quote:
>Hi all,

>How do I enable a _Node_ from a TreeView to be dragged?
>If i call   tvwMyTree.Drag   the whole TreeView starts to be dragged,
>but i want only to drag and drop nodes!?!

>Any idea ?

>Thanks,
>Roland

>--
>VERY FUNNY, SCOTTY!  NOW BEAM DOWN MY CLOTHES.

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Start dragging Nodes in a TreeView (VB 6.0)

2. Scroll the TreeView When Dragging and Dropping a Node

3. drag-dropping a treeview node onto a datagrid

4. Drag & Drop of TreeView Node

5. Help w/TreeView Node Drag and Drop

6. Treeview drag drop, node selected

7. how can I drag and drop treeview nodes between two instances of a single tree control

8. Expand a Treeview node during drag operation

9. Get the Node for the Drag/Drop Operation in the Treeview

10. Treeview - drag - display the node text as dragicon

11. TreeView -- Dragging a node beyond viewable area?

12. TreeView: Can selected node move as I drag external icon