Backcolor on form doesn't change the colour
Author Message
 Backcolor on form doesn't change the colour

I am trying to set the backcolor property of a form at run-time,
specifically when the form is activated.  For some reason the form
will not turn colour.

Any ideas?  I can't find anything helpful in the documentation or my
3rd party books.

-Allan

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Backcolor on form doesn't change the colour

Even when you use form.backcolor = ?  Are you using the right numbers that
belong to the backcolor property?  If you can tell me some more details
about your problem I think that a solution can be found.

Christopher Pisano

Quote:

>I am trying to set the backcolor property of a form at run-time,
>specifically when the form is activated.  For some reason the form
>will not turn colour.

>Any ideas?  I can't find anything helpful in the documentation or my
>3rd party books.

>-Allan

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Backcolor on form doesn't change the colour

Quote:

> I am trying to set the backcolor property of a form at run-time,
> specifically when the form is activated.  For some reason the form
> will not turn colour.

> Any ideas?  I can't find anything helpful in the documentation or my
> 3rd party books.

> -Allan

I would guess, the code you use to change the backcolor, doesnt execute.
Put a break on that line and see how often it stops the program.

Unfortunately, I could no better guess at a method to catch all gotfocus
events than you.  It would seen the better method would be to use a
MsgHook or Spy control to catch a specific message to your form.
Perhaps
someone here knows of a free Spy control that will give you details of
the messages it can intercept.

LFS

Sun, 10 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Backcolor on form doesn't change the colour

Thank's guys.  It turns out that what was wrong is that I needed a
good sleep.  I found the problem immediately the next morning.  I was
talking to the wrong form.  Stupid.

Quote:

>I am trying to set the backcolor property of a form at run-time,
>specifically when the form is activated.  For some reason the form
>will not turn colour.

>Any ideas?  I can't find anything helpful in the documentation or my
>3rd party books.

>-Allan

Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. backcolor property on SSTab control doesn't change backcolor

2. Change the colour of a Form's Title Bar

3. Form_Load() doesn't execute, form doesn't load

4. Problem: mouse cursor doesn't change its appearance over the edge of the form

5. UserControl's Parent's BackColor Change?

6. UserControl's Parent's BackColor Change?

7. Changing control name of button doesn't change event name to be the same

8. Label Caption Doesn't Change When Changed

9. can't change command button backcolor

10. Backcolor won't change with all color selections

11. changing an individual cell's background colour w/DBGrid

12. Change Colour for Listview's Column bar