RS232 -> IR
Author Message
 RS232 -> IR

Hi,

I have a VB application that communicates an external device vis RS232.
Currently, I would like to support via Infrared. Is there a ready "adapter"
control or application that in the market that translates serial date to
infrared and vice versa so that I need not to rebuild my code?

Charles

Sun, 30 May 2004 22:51:05 GMT
 RS232 -> IR
as far as I know, you only have to point your code at the com port of the IR
transceiver to do this.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a VB application that communicates an external device vis RS232.
> Currently, I would like to support via Infrared. Is there a ready
"adapter"
> control or application that in the market that translates serial date to
> infrared and vice versa so that I need not to rebuild my code?

> Charles

Tue, 01 Jun 2004 02:02:25 GMT
 RS232 -> IR
Hi,

However some IR devices do not use COM port. They are installed Irda
devices. Any idea how can I translate all my RS232 commands to IR commands?

Charles

Quote:
> as far as I know, you only have to point your code at the com port of the
IR
> transceiver to do this.

> > Hi,

> > I have a VB application that communicates an external device vis RS232.
> > Currently, I would like to support via Infrared. Is there a ready
> "adapter"
> > control or application that in the market that translates serial date to
> > infrared and vice versa so that I need not to rebuild my code?

> > Charles

Tue, 01 Jun 2004 23:05:49 GMT

1. Comm Control ( IPAQ-IR <-> IR-t68i )

2. using The Shell Command >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

4. >>>>>>While Not rst.EOF

5. PSUDOCODE HELP >>>>>>>>>>>

6. >>>>> Serial Communications

7. VB5 >>>>> Academic Version

8. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

9. !!! URGENT HELP REQUIRED !!!>>>>>>>>

10. >>= bitwise operations >>

11. Please Help --------->>>>AppLink Problem

12. VB3 ->->->->VBDOS??