A little User Control Help Needed
Author Message
 A little User Control Help Needed

I am trying to create a user control which is similar in function to the
Date Picker control. It has a combo box with a value and a drop down element
that, when dropped show a much larger control underneath. My question:

How do I "drop" a larger control under the smaller one? I need to be able to
have the larger control come down over any other controls which may be one
the form. The only way I can see of doing this is to have the user control
sized appropriately.

Thanks,

Adam

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:33:26 GMT
 A little User Control Help Needed
On Sun, 04 Aug 2002 23:33:26 GMT, "Adam Phillips"

Quote:

>I am trying to create a user control which is similar in function to the
>Date Picker control. It has a combo box with a value and a drop down element
>that, when dropped show a much larger control underneath. My question:

>How do I "drop" a larger control under the smaller one? I need to be able to
>have the larger control come down over any other controls which may be one
>the form. The only way I can see of doing this is to have the user control
>sized appropriately.

>Thanks,

>Adam

You need to make the dropdown portion of the control a separate window
with the WS_POPUP style.  Depending on the type of window you want to
popup, you may need to alter this style at creation time.  For and
example of altering windows styles as the window is created, have a
look at the popup listbox demo at  http://www.mvps.org/vbvision/

HTH,
Bryan
New Vision Software            "When the going gets weird,"
Bryan Stafford                   "the weird turn pro."

Microsoft MVP-Visual Basic     Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:29:15 GMT

1. New VB user needs a little help

2. Crystal and ODBC DSN/DSN-less connections - do I need USER DSN or SYSTEM DSN

3. I need help with a datediff problem ( a fairly new user who needs help)

4. a little help (for a little person)

5. Need Help with user controls

6. Need help - a little off topic

7. Need a little help with a macro

8. Complicated Procedure, need just a little help

9. Need a little help :(

10. Need a little help with System.Management Please

11. Need a little help with variables on Crystal

12. Need a little help.