Odd behaviour using Common Dialog Control
Author Message
 Odd behaviour using Common Dialog Control

Hi, I'm having a problem with the Common Dialog Control.

My development machine is NT 4.0 SP3, VS97 SP3, PII 266, 160MB RAM.

Everytime I use the ShowPrinter method of the Common Dialog Control the
dialog shows up fine, but as soon as I press OK my app hangs as well as VB
and I have to do the famous 3 finger salute to shut down the App.

Mat - MCP

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Odd behaviour using Common Dialog Control
is this happening both in the dev environment and a compiled exe file?

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Odd behaviour using Common Dialog Control

Quote:

> Hi, I'm having a problem with the Common Dialog Control.

> My development machine is NT 4.0 SP3, VS97 SP3, PII 266, 160MB RAM.

> Everytime I use the ShowPrinter method of the Common Dialog Control the
> dialog shows up fine, but as soon as I press OK my app hangs as well as VB
> and I have to do the famous 3 finger salute to shut down the App.

> Mat - MCP

I'm not sure but you might have a loop or something that locks the computer.

Erik

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using 32-bit Common Dialogs/Controls

2. Using Common Dialog Control in Access 2000

3. using Common Dialog Control

4. Using the common dialog control

5. Using Common Dialog control, possible to select folders and their associated files

6. Using Common Dialog control within an ActiveX DLL

7. Using common dialog control

8. Distributing applications using common dialog activex control

9. Centering a Open Dialog box using the Common dialog

10. Selecting a directory using Common Dialog control

11. Building a Browser using a common dialog control?

12. HELP! Printing using the common dialog control