Send Message Using Lotus Notes (MAPI compliant?)
Author Message
 Send Message Using Lotus Notes (MAPI compliant?)

Is Lotus Notes MAPI compliant?  Can I send an e-mail via Lotus Notes using
MAPI?  If not, is there sample code or an OCX that would enable me to do
this?

Thanx.

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Send Message Using Lotus Notes (MAPI compliant?)
James,

You can use our IDSMail component to send Notes mail like this:

Dim idsMail as Object
Set idsMail = CreateObject("IDSMailInterface.Server")
idsMail.ObjectKey = "ABC123"
idsMail.NewMessage
idsMail.AddRecipientTo "Jim Smith"
idsMail.AddRecipientCc "Mary Brown, Doug Williams"
idsMail.Subject = "Meeting Agenda"
idsMail.Message = "Here is the agenda for the weekly meeting."
idsMail.AddAttachment "C:\MEETINGS\AGENDA.DOC"
idsMail.Send

IDSMail interfaces to Lotus Notes via VIM (Vendor Independent Messaging)
which is its native API rather than MAPI.  IDSMail actually supports any
mail system based on MAPI, VIM, SMTP/POP3 (Internet mail), MHS (Novell),
Banyan VINES, Active Messaging, or CDO.

For more info on IDSMail, go to http://www.intuitive-data.com

--
Regards,

Eric June
Intuitive Data Solutions

--------- We Make OLE Servers Intuitive --------------

Intuitive Data Solutions           fax: (408) 776-1267
Send/Rcv Email *EASILY* through SMTP/POP, VIM, MAPI,
MHS & VINES http://www.intuitive-data.com/idsmail.htm

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Send Message Using Lotus Notes (MAPI compliant?)

Quote:
>Is Lotus Notes MAPI compliant?  Can I send an e-mail via Lotus Notes using
>MAPI?  If not, is there sample code or an OCX that would enable me to do
>this?

Yes, Lotus Notes _is_ MAPI compliant (at least I know that v4.5 on up is).
It works via Windows Messaging in Win95/98.  BUT...you have to make sure
that the programs are installed in the correct order.  Before installing
Notes or say, Office, make sure that Windows 95/98 is setup with Windows
Messaging, then install Notes.  Then, install the other applications...and
make sure that VIM Support is selected in the Office 97 setup, if that's
what you're going to be using.

After that, all you need to do is set up the Notes message service via the
'Mail' Control Panel applet...and you're set.

Mark L. Woods
Saint Louis, Missouri  USA

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sending e-mails with MAPI from VB5 on system using Lotus Notes

2. VBA code to send an email message through Lotus Notes mail interface

3. Sending messages from VB X Lotus Notes

4. Sending messages from VB via Lotus Notes

5. Sending attachment through Lotus Notes using SendObject

6. help - using VB to send mail to Lotus Notes

7. Help - Creating a Lotus Notes Document in a local Lotus Notes DB with VB6

8. MAPI message Send method puts message in Outbox but it isn't actually sent

9. MAPI & Lotus notes

10. Reading mail from Lotus Notes usin MAPI!!

11. Lotus Notes 4.5, VB5, control MAPI, Exchange, Windows 95

12. VB Mapi with Lotus Notes?