Farpoint Spread vs. Apex True Grid
Author Message
 Farpoint Spread vs. Apex True Grid

Can anyone who has used both provide some comparisons of which they
prefer and why?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Farpoint Spread vs. Apex True Grid
As I see it, they are 2 different animals. I used both within the same
project back in vb3 and vb4-16 days. I now use both Tidestones Formula One
and DB grid within the same application. Do you need a spreadsheet control,
a db grid control, or both? Either control could be used to fill both
functions (within limits), but they are, I believe, aimed at different
targets.

David

Quote:

>Can anyone who has used both provide some comparisons of which they
>prefer and why?

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Farpoint Spread vs. Apex True Grid
I don't understand what you mean by "different animals".  I currently
use Farpoint's Spread, so what does True Grid provide functionality-
wise that I can't get from Spread(how would it be limited)?

Quote:
> As I see it, they are 2 different animals. I used both within the same
> project back in vb3 and vb4-16 days. I now use both Tidestones
Formula One
> and DB grid within the same application. Do you need a spreadsheet
control,
> a db grid control, or both? Either control could be used to fill both
> functions (within limits), but they are, I believe, aimed at different
> targets.

> David

Quote:
> >Can anyone who has used both provide some comparisons of which they
> >prefer and why?

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Grid controls: Farpoint Spread 2.5 vs. ProtoView DataTable

2. Grid controls: Farpoint Spread 2.5 vs. ProtoView DataTable

3. Grid controls: Farpoint Spread 2.5 vs. ProtoView DataTable

4. Grid controls: Farpoint Spread 2.5 vs. ProtoView DataTable

5. Grid controls: Farpoint Spread 2.5 vs. ProtoView DataTable

6. Apex True Grid vs. Sheridan Data Widgets

7. Apex True Grid vs. Sh

8. Apex True Grid vs. Sheridan Data Wid

9. APEX True DB Grid Problems

10. Apex True Grid - Help!

11. Need Help editing text in Add New Mode with an Apex True DB Grid

12. APEX True DB Grid problem