date format problem with MSHflexgrid
Author Message
 date format problem with MSHflexgrid

hi,

i use vb6 with access 2000.

my problem is the following:

i store a date value in DD/MM/YYYY format
if i try to read that value from a recordset the value is correct
but if i set that recordset as datasource of a MSHflexgrid control
it shows me the value in MM/DD/YYYY format...

anyone knows what to do to correct the problem?

Thanks a lot,

Leo

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:31:35 GMT
 date format problem with MSHflexgrid
Date values are not stored formatted in any form. They are stored as date
data types (which are actually doubles - the integer portion is the date,
the decimal part is the time). Formatting is purely a display issue. If you
want to see the date in a specific format, you need to say so.

In VB/VBA you can use the format function:   myDateString =
format(rs(DateField), "d-MMM-yyyy")

Quote:
> hi,

> i use vb6 with access 2000.

> my problem is the following:

> i store a date value in DD/MM/YYYY format
> if i try to read that value from a recordset the value is correct
> but if i set that recordset as datasource of a MSHflexgrid control
> it shows me the value in MM/DD/YYYY format...

> anyone knows what to do to correct the problem?

> Thanks a lot,

> Leo

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:58:28 GMT

1. MsHFlexGrid and date format problem

2. MsHFlexGrid and date format problem

3. MSHFlexGrid Date Format??

4. is Date format in MSHFlexGrid possible

5. MSHFlexGrid and format date

6. MSHFlexGrid and Date and Time Format

7. Format date field in a MSHFlexgrid?

8. Mshflexgrid and Date format

9. MSHFlexGrid Date Format

10. Date/Time format in MSHFlexGrid

11. HOWTO: change date formatting of MSHFlexGrid ?

12. problem with Format and a user defined date format