context-sensitive (F1) help with pop-up menus
Author Message
 context-sensitive (F1) help with pop-up menus

Using the menu editor, you can create popup menus and associate help-context
IDs with them.  This works fine with a standard application.  However, if
you try to build an application out of controls, and you have popup menus
(with help IDs) on your controls, the behavior seems broken (in VB6 at
least).  Instead of getting the desired help context ID, you get the
positionally-equivalent help ID from menus on the containing form.

You can hack around this by putting dummy invisible menu entries hither and
yon in the control and on the form.  Yuck.

Is there a way around this problem?

( I realise that the model is that a control can't know what form it will be
sited in, and shouldn't depend on
it, but I would expect that I could specify the appropriate help file in the
general properties of the control and get reasonable behavior.)

-Mike

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Studio Context Sensitive Help (F1) not linking to MSDN

2. F1 context sensitive help doesn't work on MDI child forms

3. F1 does not bring up context-sensitive help

4. show a shortcut menu / popup menu / context menu

5. F1 doesn't get me help on a popup menu item

6. Context Menus coming up first with Popup Menus

7. Context Sensitive Menus

8. Context Sensitive Menus

9. Help Please: Customizing Right-Click Pop-up Context Menu

10. Right-Clicking, Context-Sensitive Menus?

11. Context sensitive (right_click) menus

12. Adding to the Explorer Context Sensitive Menus