Serial ports under Windows NT using mscomm32.ocx
Author Message
 Serial ports under Windows NT using mscomm32.ocx

I get the error message "Port already Open" when I try to open a comms
port under Windows NT. I have shutdown and restarted the serial device
but I still get this message. This code works fine under Windows 95. Any
ideas why this should happen?

Simon Flackett

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Serial ports under Windows NT using mscomm32.ocx

If you have your Remote Access services running you will not be able to
access the serial port in the method you are using.  Try stopping the RAS
service and see if that clears up your problem...

Quote:
>I get the error message "Port already Open" when I try to open a comms
>port under Windows NT. I have shutdown and restarted the serial device
>but I still get this message. This code works fine under Windows 95. Any
>ideas why this should happen?

>Simon Flackett

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Serial ports under Windows NT using mscomm32.ocx

Hi Simon,

Something else (such as RAS or Microsoft FAX, etc.) is using the port, I'd
wager.  You have to stop that process before you can use it.

--
Richard Grier
Hard & Software

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MSCOMM32.OCX x Windows NT

2. using ifrared over a com port with mscomm32.ocx

3. serial port, mscomm32

4. Looking for freeware ocx to access Parallel port from VB on Windows 2000 or NT

5. Serial communication in VB without MSCOMM32.OCX ?

6. Help: Serial Communication (MSComm32.ocx) Problem

7. mscomm32.ocx and NT 4.0 RAS Problem

8. MSCOMM32.OCX & NT 4.0 Workstation

9. Help Reqd on using MSCOMM32.OCX in vb.net for communication with serial ports and the device connected to them

10. mscomm32.ocx & Windows XP

11. How to write to Com Port using MSCOMM32(RS232)

12. How to write to Com Port using MSCOMM32(RS232)