DataGrid
Author Message
 DataGrid

I am using the before update event to validate the entries
of specific columns in a datagrid.  When the code cancels
the update, the value in the first column is replace with
the value that was in the last active column.  I can't
seem to correct this.  Does anyone know why this is
happening?

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:06:50 GMT
 DataGrid
I've never seen this.  Can you reduce the code down to something minimal
that reproduces the behavior and post it?

Also, as an after-thought, and for your consideration, you should be aware
that there are certain actions a user can take that will cause an update w/o
firing the BeforeUpdate event.  See KB article Q288346 for more info.

Simon Taylor
Resource Data, Inc.

Quote:
> I am using the before update event to validate the entries
> of specific columns in a datagrid.  When the code cancels
> the update, the value in the first column is replace with
> the value that was in the last active column.  I can't
> seem to correct this.  Does anyone know why this is
> happening?

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:36:59 GMT

1. Need some help with DataGrids (DataGrid-->DataGrid, DataGrid-->Dataset, DataGrid-->XML)

2. How do I set the Datagrid row to be same size as the datagrid window

3. Using datagrid as datasource for another datagrid

4. Datagrids inside a Datagrid

5. Copy from Datagrid to datagrid

6. Updating datagrid with requery, datagrid goes to top

7. DataGrid and "Microsoft Datagrid: The Current Row is not available"

8. HELP needed: missing one record when displaying in DataGrid

9. help on datagrid

10. datagrid in vba

11. Using ADO with DataGrid

12. Having different recordsource in Datagrid : Is it Posibble?