Forms 2.0 Combo
Author Message
 Forms 2.0 Combo

Hi Friends,
      I am having a little problem here. Infact I am
having this problem since long time back. I am using Forms
2.0 Combo control on my VB forms. This has a good features
like multi-column combo. the problem is when I use Tab,
the combo does not release the focus. I know many of you
must be haveing the same problem and the problem is here
since 1997. Is there any work around for this problem.

Please help

Thanking you
-Surya

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:13:29 GMT
 Forms 2.0 Combo
MSForms components weren't designed to work with VB. There are several
licensing issues as well as the fact that they just don't work well..
You can't legally distribute that library in any way shape or form. The end
user
*must* have this library correctly installed. It is installed as part of
Microsoft
Office and a few other Microsoft packages. There is at least one free way to
download the library but that must be done by the end user.

If you do a Google newsgroup search, you'll find that there are some
freeware combobox controls available that allow multiple columns, etc..

Quote:
> Hi Friends,
>       I am having a little problem here. Infact I am
> having this problem since long time back. I am using Forms
> 2.0 Combo control on my VB forms. This has a good features
> like multi-column combo. the problem is when I use Tab,
> the combo does not release the focus. I know many of you
> must be haveing the same problem and the problem is here
> since 1997. Is there any work around for this problem.

> Please help

> Thanking you
> -Surya

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:17:10 GMT
 Forms 2.0 Combo
Ken is absolutely correct.  Take a look at these KB articles for more
information regarding this issue:
Q224305 - INFO: Usage and Redistribution of FM20.DLL
Q241245 - PRB: "Error 7 - Out of Memory" from VB App Using FM20.DLL

So, I would strongly agree with Ken that you will want to find some other
control.

But if you still must use these controls then you will have to do a lot
stuff manually through code to make them behave like the VB6 controls.  So,
in this case you will need to trap the Tab key and do a setfocus on
whatever control you want to tab to.

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support
reserved.

--------------------

| Subject: Re: Forms 2.0 Combo
| Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 07:17:10 -0700

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.controls
|
| MSForms components weren't designed to work with VB. There are several
| licensing issues as well as the fact that they just don't work well..
| You can't legally distribute that library in any way shape or form. The
end
| user
| *must* have this library correctly installed. It is installed as part of
| Microsoft
| Office and a few other Microsoft packages. There is at least one free way
| download the library but that must be done by the end user.
|
| If you do a Google newsgroup search, you'll find that there are some
| freeware combobox controls available that allow multiple columns, etc..
|

| > Hi Friends,
| >       I am having a little problem here. Infact I am
| > having this problem since long time back. I am using Forms
| > 2.0 Combo control on my VB forms. This has a good features
| > like multi-column combo. the problem is when I use Tab,
| > the combo does not release the focus. I know many of you
| > must be haveing the same problem and the problem is here
| > since 1997. Is there any work around for this problem.
| >
| > Please help
| >
| > Thanking you
| > -Surya

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 01:05:57 GMT

1. MS Forms 2.0 Combo Box Question

2. Forms 2.0 Combo

3. MS Forms 2.0 Combo box Drop Down

4. Forms 2.0 Combo

5. Boundcolumn Problem - Forms 2.0 Combo

6. forms 2.0 combo box column heads

7. MS Forms 2.0 Combo Box Problem

8. Forms 2.0 combo and DBGrid problem

9. Dbgrid & Forms 2.0 Combo Box

10. Forms 2.0 Combo

11. Populate Forms 2.0 Multi-Column Combo

12. Access 2.0/VB3.0 Combo box