Avoiding ActiveX script Warning
Author Message
 Avoiding ActiveX script Warning

I have a small piece of clientside VBScript that runs in Explorer to set
a variable in an activex
control. The purpose is mainly to set the controls behavior in runtime.

My problem is that Explorer gives me a warning when i load the page
telling me something
like that co-exisiting of activex controls and script can be dangerous
and asks me if i
want to allow this with an yes/no messagebox.

My Activex control is signed with an verisign authenticode key so the
control should be ok.
So i wonder does anyone know how to avoid this mesagebox? I can not put
this page on the web
as it behaves right know. I must com up with a solution for it.

Kent Andersson

The vbscript that runs is like bellow
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=vbscript>
Sub window_onLoad()
 document.form1.My_ActiveXControl.DriveMode = 0
End Sub

sub mode()
document.form1.My_ActiveXControl.DriveMode = document.form1.cboVal.value

end sub

</SCRIPT>

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:22:12 GMT
 Avoiding ActiveX script Warning
Hi Kent,

I am not sure if this will help. But here is my situation => I developed an
ActiveX control on my computer. When I bring up the page, on my computer,
with my control it gives me the same message. What I found is that the site
works just fine on any other computer. (i.e. no annoying warning message). I
thought what was happening had to do with the registry. So I deleted the key
to my control. I still get the same message, but like I said my computer
(the one on which I designed the control) is the only one that brings up
this warning message. If I were you I would try the control on a clean, or
at least another, machine.
I hope this helps.

Jennifer

Quote:
> I have a small piece of clientside vbscript that runs in Explorer to set
> a variable in an activex
> control. The purpose is mainly to set the controls behavior in runtime.

> My problem is that Explorer gives me a warning when i load the page
> telling me something
> like that co-exisiting of activex controls and script can be dangerous
> and asks me if i
> want to allow this with an yes/no messagebox.

> My Activex control is signed with an verisign authenticode key so the
> control should be ok.
> So i wonder does anyone know how to avoid this mesagebox? I can not put
> this page on the web
> as it behaves right know. I must com up with a solution for it.

> Kent Andersson

> The vbscript that runs is like bellow
> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=vbscript>
> Sub window_onLoad()
>  document.form1.My_ActiveXControl.DriveMode = 0
> End Sub

> sub mode()
> document.form1.My_ActiveXControl.DriveMode = document.form1.cboVal.value

> end sub

> </SCRIPT>

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 04:26:02 GMT

1. Avoiding ActiveX script Warning

2. Streamline WebQuote ActiveX Script, Avoid Warnings?

3. Streamline WebQuote ActiveX Script, Avoid Warnings?

4. Avoiding security warning during createrecipient

5. Avoid security warning when sending a mail.

6. How to avoid warning message when creating my own objects from VBSCRIPT

7. How to Avoid Security Warning?

8. How to avoid warning message when creating my own objects from VBSCRIPT

9. How to avoid warning message when creating my own objects from VBSCRIPT

10. how to avoid warning calling createobject?

11. How to avoid the warning

12. How to avoid warning message when i tried to access dll in web page