Com.exe or Com.dll
Author Message
 Com.exe or Com.dll

Hi

(This topic may have been beaten to death, but please one more
attempt ...)

I can compile business objects as either:

1.  vbcom.dll (With apartment threading and the use of objectcontexts
properly) or
2.  vbcom.exe (with "Thread Per Object" compile option)

Sure with point 2. I lose Com+ or MTS scalability options, but my
question is:  are there any performance gains to be had with point 2?
What about stability?

(Object pooling is also not a concern for me because I handle all my
database interaction through ADO which handles the most important
object, which requires pooling, for me: viz.  connection.)

(This might be a silly question, perhaps I'm missing something!)

Cheers

A Kauchali
JHB
South Africa

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:32:06 GMT

1. passing byte stream to/from COM server and DLL vs EXE COM server

2. Call VB DLL or COM object from within VB COM object or EXE

3. Calling COM EXE from VB.NET Service leaves COM EXE in Memory

4. COM DLL calling external non-COM DLL problem.

5. COM Object-Out of stack space on executing/shell exe from com object

6. Automation error referencing .net dll from com (com interop)

7. COM Not finding DLLS and other COM problems

8. Com - Dll Vs Exe

9. error 53 (file not found) with external DLLs called from COM or EXE

10. dll references com exe

11. Middle tier COM, DLL, or EXE