Excel interfacing and Multi Processing
Author Message
 Excel interfacing and Multi Processing

Hi all, sry if this is the wrong group....

I am programming some calculation intensive analysis in VBA, with Excel
as front end.

What I want to do is this:
1. Use an excel workbook to read data to be analysed from
2. Start 2 new threads that would perfrom calculations (so as to use
both CPU's)
3. Have the 2 threads return results to my program
4. Write combined results to Excel

Can this be doen with VB6? Is it very hard? I am sure that I can split
the calculations in parts so that I can easily assign different data to
the two threads; those calculations wont interfere or overlap.

Communicating with excel may be slow, but it will not happen often, only
at start and end. It is the calculation itself where I should benefit
from dual processing and faster execution of code vis-a-vis VBA.

Kind Regards,
Umfriend AKA Crass

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 29 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. multi timers/multi processes

2. Linking to Excel - many Excel processes left open?

3. "Multi-folder-tabbed-interface"

4. AUTOPLAY INTERFACE for 2 multi-tasking programs

5. Applications with multi-lingual user interface re dialog boxes

6. Multi Document Interface

7. Type of a multi-interface class

8. Samples for MTS, multi-interface, COM samples with security

9. Help! How do you design multi-threading interface

10. VB and multi-processing

11. How to automate multi-programs processing in Win 2K Professional (like Batch for DOS)

12. about Multi-process in network