binary compatibility
Author Message
 binary compatibility

Question:
If I have never registerd a set of COM components on my machine and I then
checkout 3 or 4 VB projects from source safe, should I see any "MISSING: "
lines in the references dialog for each project ?  I have just been assigned
to work on a VB project that is made up of several VB COM components, but
none of these have ever been registered on my system.  Should I register the
current DLL's first, or check out each project and compile ?

(2)  supposedly all projects use binary compatibility, but the project(s)
options are set to "no compatibility", could this have been reset because of
the missing references ?

(3) If I am currently not in the local administers group on this machine and
I open a VB ActiveX DLL project that implements IObjectSafety, should I have
access to that interface.  This is indicated as "MISSING" in the project