Automate File Download via Internet Explorer
Author Message
 Automate File Download via Internet Explorer

Hello all. I have a vb program that creates an Internet Explorer object,
navigates past the login screen, and then navigates to a URL that prompts a
file download. The file is generated by the server and has a different name
everyday. I don't know how to completely automate the process, so that I can
bypass the form that pops up asking if I want to open the file or save it,
and also the dialog box that asks where I would like to save the file. I've
looked at the web browser object model, but can't seem to find the methods
or properties that would enable me to bypass these forms. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Mike Anas

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:34:47 GMT
 Automate File Download via Internet Explorer
if I were you I'd use XMLHTTP and do it completely transparently with no
user intervention.

function String.prototype.r(){// Javascript rot13 en/decipherment. run
me for Atrax's signature
        var a='nopqrstuvwxyz';var b='abcdefghijklm';var j='/:.'+a+b;var
k='/:.'+b+a;var l='';
        for(var
x=0;x<this.length;x++){l+=k.charAt(j.indexOf(this.charAt(x)));}return l;

Quote:
}       alert("uggc://jjj.ernqgurshpxvatznahny.pb.hx/".r()); // Atrax, MVP

2002.

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:36:08 GMT

1. Automating download of graphic file (.JPG) from Internet

2. Internet Explorer Automatic Download of CSV File

3. Downloading file from internet via http/ftp

4. Automating the INTERNET EXPLORER

5. Automating Internet Explorer

6. Automating look-up in Internet Explorer

7. Automating Internet Explorer 5

8. Automating Internet Explorer from current webpage

9. automating excel within internet explorer

10. Internet Explorer as File Explorer

11. Monitor amount of data download from internet explorer

12. Automated data transfert via Internet