VC-COM from VB/VC/Script
Author Message
 VC-COM from VB/VC/Script

1. What is the suggested way of getting back string values from my COM
component in both VC & VB. Should I use BSTR or VARIANT and why?

1. What is the suggested way of getting back array of string values from my
COM component. If one of my functions currently takes a char**, what is the
type I can use so that it becomes usable from both VC & VB and ideally from
scripts also???

2. If I wanna invoke my component from scripts also, how do i go about it. A
simple IDL code would be highly appreciated. I read of something  call
dual-interface, what is this and how does this help?

best rgds
vikash

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:30:24 GMT
 VC-COM from VB/VC/Script
These really are C++ issues, not VB issues.  In the future, I suggest you try
posting in the ATL or MFC groups.

But since you're here, I will give you a tip.  Check out the article "Building
COM Components That Take Full Advantage of Visual Basic and Scripting" in MSDN
Library, under "Technical Articles", "Component Object Model".

-- Matthew Solnit

Quote:
> 1. What is the suggested way of getting back string values from my COM
> component in both VC & VB. Should I use BSTR or VARIANT and why?

> 1. What is the suggested way of getting back array of string values from my
> COM component. If one of my functions currently takes a char**, what is the
> type I can use so that it becomes usable from both VC & VB and ideally from
> scripts also???

> 2. If I wanna invoke my component from scripts also, how do i go about it. A
> simple IDL code would be highly appreciated. I read of something  call
> dual-interface, what is this and how does this help?

> best rgds
> vikash

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 22:32:04 GMT

1. VB/VC COM dll/ who owns the memory?

2. about VB function call VC COM

3. passing pointer to a VC-COM from VB

4. EASY Way to Pass SAFEARRAY from VC to VB using COM

5. VB as script for VC/MFC product

6. Problem with VC component in ASP-VB Script

7. Startup Opportunities @ VC funded B2B PharmQuest.com

8. VC COM object array in vbs

9. Forms in COM Component behave differently when called from VB6 or VC++6 Apps

10. VB Intellisensse verses VC Intellisense

11. Using VB .Net and VC at the same time in .Net

12. Accessing VC function from VB.NET