COM+ Import/Export???
Author Message
 COM+ Import/Export???

When you export a COM+ application to a MSI file, does that automatically
include (and install and register) the dlls that make up that application?
Or, do you still have to copy and then register any dlls on a new machine,
and then import the MSI file?

Thanks, I've never had to transfer a COM+ application to another box and
probably really don't know what importing/exporting a COM+ app really means.

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:32:06 GMT
 COM+ Import/Export???

Quote:
> When you export a COM+ application to a MSI file, does that automatically
> include (and install and register) the dlls that make up that application?
> Or, do you still have to copy and then register any dlls on a new machine,
> and then import the MSI file?

Try it...

Yes, it works.

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:48:34 GMT

1. Com+ Application Export error

2. Error 3423 - Cannot use ODBC to import from, export to, or link an external Acce

3. Copy Import/Export Specifications

4. Access 2000 Exporting/Importing Database Object Groups with Shortcuts

5. trouble importing AND exporting between access and Excel

6. help reqired Re: Exporting / Importing Custom tool menu bars

7. Exporting/Importing Command Bars using VB

8. Automate Import/Export

9. export and import problem

10. Manipulating import/export specifications in code

11. Fixed-Width Import/Export Specification File

12. Import/Export to/from dBase IV looses time in DateTime field