MTS Error - no solution from knowledge base!!
Author Message
 MTS Error - no solution from knowledge base!!

(There is no MTS newsgroup so vb.com is the closest that makes sense for
posting.)

I have a new DELL dual processor system running NT4, SP6a, Option Pack
(IIS, MTS), SQL 7, VSS. A working dll (it has worked on other
installations in and out of MTS) is installed in an MTS package using
appropriate security. This com object is called from an ASP page (which
runs ok) and accesses data from the SQL installation. The error is an
MTS issue and reads (from the event log):

"A server process failed during initialization. The most common cause is
an invalid command line, which may indicate an inconsistent or currupted
catalog. This error caused the process to terminate. GetCLSIDsForPackage
(Microsoft Transaction Server Internals Information: File:
d\viper\src\runtime\mtxex\cpackage.cpp, Line: 345)"

If I remove the package from MTS and register the dll directly using
regsvr32.exe the asp page sucessfully calls the component. It would seem
MTS is toasted. I removed (as per KB article Q244988) the NTOP and then
reinstalled but this error persists. Someone please help!

Mon, 20 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 MTS Error - no solution from knowledge base!!

You mean other than these newsgroups:    :-)

microsoft.public.administration.security
microsoft.public.mts.programming
microsoft.public.mts.server.integration
microsoft.public.platformsdk.complus_mts
microsoft.public.transaction.server.administration.security
microsoft.public.transaction.server.announcements
microsoft.public.transaction.server.integration
microsoft.public.transaction.server.programming

Great site:  http://sabbadin.tripod.com/mts_faq.htm

HTH
--
Patrick Logan, MCSD
Senior Technical Development Advisor

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

Mon, 20 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 MTS Error - no solution from knowledge base!!
Oops!  Typo from original reply:

You mean other than these newsgroups:    :-)

microsoft.public.administration.security   <-- Should be
microsoft.public.mts.administration.security
microsoft.public.mts.programming
microsoft.public.mts.server.integration
microsoft.public.platformsdk.complus_mts
microsoft.public.transaction.server.administration.security
microsoft.public.transaction.server.announcements
microsoft.public.transaction.server.integration
microsoft.public.transaction.server.programming

Great site:  http://sabbadin.tripod.com/mts_faq.htm

HTH
--
Patrick Logan, MCSD
Senior Technical Development Advisor
McKessonHBOC -- Extended Care Solutions Group

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

Mon, 20 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 MTS Error - no solution from knowledge base!!
Hi Stephen,

This often occurs when you debug using Visual C++. Check the debug settings
in Visual C++ to ensure that you are passing MTS a valid command line.

If you are not debugging and you get this error, this is most likely due to
incorrect installation of the component. To test whether or not the issue
is caused by incorrect installation of the component, try creating the same
component using VB script. If component creation fails, then ensure that
the component is not  correctly installed. You should uninstall and
reinstall the package. This may resolve your problem. If it doesn't work,
please give me the related ASP pages.

Thanks & Best Regards

Tue, 21 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can I use ENTER... (MS Knowledge Base solution)

2. Error in Read/Write RTF Knowledge base article (Q172038)

3. Problem with GUID Generated by function GetGUID in knowledge base article

4. DateDiffW - MS Knowledge Base Article - 207795

5. using stopwatch form from knowledge base to time event procedures

6. Knowledge Base Article : Q234303

7. searchable knowledge base?

8. \___VB KNOWLEDGE-BASE???___/

9. Where do I find the Searchable Knowledge Base?

10. Visual Basic Knowledge Base

11. \___VB KNOWLEDGE-BASE???___/

12. MS Knowledge Base