COM+ components
Author Message
 COM+ components

Hi there!

I'm building client-server web application and using VB for making dlls.
There is a couple of modules (global functions) and class modules (MTS
components and nonMTS classes) in dll project. I think I understand how
objects are instantiated, but I don't know what happens with functions and
especially variables in modules that are called from objects when they are
accessed from different objects at the same time.

Example:
There is amodule with public function that needs to create object and uses
variables that are declared in module scope.

*****************************
Dim myObject as myClass

Function A()
    Set myObject = New myClass

    ' --- Do something ---
End Function
******************************

Can someone explain me if this is for CLIENT-SERVER application OK or should
I declare all variables in each function as local variables.

- Jure

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:12:47 GMT
 COM+ components
member vars in standard modules r offen a bad idea coz they r thread
specific - not client specific

--
Steffen Ramlow
Enterprise Development: http://www.dev-purgatory.org/

Quote:
> Hi there!

> I'm building client-server web application and using VB for making dlls.
> There is a couple of modules (global functions) and class modules (MTS
> components and nonMTS classes) in dll project. I think I understand how
> objects are instantiated, but I don't know what happens with functions and
> especially variables in modules that are called from objects when they are
> accessed from different objects at the same time.

> Example:
> There is amodule with public function that needs to create object and uses
> variables that are declared in module scope.

> *****************************
> Dim myObject as myClass

> Function A()
>     Set myObject = New myClass

>     ' --- Do something ---
> End Function
> ******************************

> Can someone explain me if this is for CLIENT-SERVER application OK or
should
> I declare all variables in each function as local variables.

> - Jure

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:25:41 GMT
 COM+ components
Are there any interesting articles that discuss it in detail?

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:53:22 GMT

1. Com and Com+ component

2. VB COM component in Win2k Component Services

3. COM component as a Visual component??

4. COM component as a Visual component??

5. Problem with passing an ADODB.Recordset between com+ components

6. Problem with passing an ADODB.Recordset between com+ components

7. Problem using UDTs in com+ component

8. debugging compiled VB com+ components

9. Naive questions with creating a com+ component?

10. Registering a Com+ component...

11. debugging com+ components

12. Looking for documentation on the following COM components