Unicode string in menu
Author Message
 Unicode string in menu

Hi all,
How can I show unicode string in menu in vb?
Regards,
Amin

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 00:52:39 GMT
 Unicode string in menu
Hi Amin,

VB strings are unicode. You must use a control array to add a menu item at
run time. In the VB menu editor type zero in the Index field for some item.
Then use Load(nextIndex) statement in code to replicate it. If you have
problems displaying specific characters of unicode string, then try to solve
the problem with the "International" applet of the Control Panel. VB uses
system APIs to draw menus and it should be able to show these
specific characters when system settings are appropriate.

Regards,
Dmitriy Zakharov.
Brainbench MVP for Visual Basic
http://www.brainbench.com

Quote:
> Hi all,
> How can I show unicode string in menu in vb?
> Regards,
> Amin

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:03:53 GMT

1. Unicode string in menu

2. Unicode string to unicode coded string?

3. Converting an unicode string to ascii code string

4. how to Big5 String to unicode String?

5. UNICODE FOR MENU

6. Getting Menu Strings in PopUp Menus Non-VB

7. Saving (and reusing) Unicode strings

8. saving unicode string with fileput converts it to 8bit

9. Convert unicode string from latin to cyrilic

10. Unicode String

11. unable to display unicode strings in vb6 controls

12. Convert Unicode String to Hex