VB using COM crashed in IDE, exe is fine
Author Message
 VB using COM crashed in IDE, exe is fine

Hi There,
I created an ATL COM to wrap an MFC extension dll. The
VBtest.ext uses this COM to get messages. It runs well in
executable, but crashed in VB IDE when set the COM object
to nothing.

Any advice is appreciated.

Wed, 23 Feb 2005 04:46:39 GMT
 VB using COM crashed in IDE, exe is fine
Possibly  a clean-up problem in your wrapper.
Quote:

>Hi There,
>I created an ATL COM to wrap an MFC extension dll. The
>VBtest.ext uses this COM to get messages. It runs well in
>executable, but crashed in VB IDE when set the COM object
>to nothing.

>Any advice is appreciated.

Wed, 23 Feb 2005 05:26:27 GMT

1. COM callbacks, fine in IDE, crash in EXE

2. VB 6: CreateThread: EXE works fine, IDE Blows up

3. GPF in EXE; Works Fine in IDE

4. VB 5.0 my program work in IDE but the .exe crash

5. Desperate Design Works fine EXE Crashes!!!

6. Win 2000 exe runs fine on 98 but crashes on 95 and NT

7. com object will not read registry when com object called from asp (vb works fine)

8. Calling COM EXE from VB.NET Service leaves COM EXE in Memory

9. GPF in Krnl386.exe crashes VB5 IDE on unload of MDI child form

10. krnl386.exe GPF crashes VB5 IDE on MDI child unload

11. Program runs in IDE well, but EXE crashes

12. VB6 EXE crash, with IDE OK. Event sink in VM60.dll