MSCOMM receive echo
Author Message
 MSCOMM receive echo

Does anyone know how to suppress sent commands from the
input?

For instance if I send...

===> .MSComm1.Output = "B1 FF" + vbCrLf

When I read the input I get the following...

===> "B1 FF||OK" (where the characters || are vbCrLf)

However, I would like to suppress the command I sent from
the input, so that it would look like this...

===> "OK"

Can this be done relatively easily? Let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:48:32 GMT
 MSCOMM receive echo
Hi,

MSComm is not echoing this.  The device that you are connected to is echoing
data sent to it.  You have to disable echo on the remote device (should be
possible), or parse the response to remove what you just sent.  MSComm
simply gives you what it actually receives, and cannot do more.

--
Richard Grier  (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)

See www.hardandsoftware.net for contact information.

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 3rd
Edition ISBN 1-890422-27-4 (391 pages) published February 2002.

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 01:46:57 GMT

1. Can mscomm control send /receive extended ASCII?

2. HOW RECEIVE BINARY DATA WITH MSCOMM AND STORE THEM AS ASCII

3. Receiving with MSComm in VB

4. mscomm - send/receive from serial port

5. Using MSComm to receive large amounts of data

6. MSComm Control: syncronization of sending and receiving

7. MSComm 5, in binary receive mode

8. MSComm - not receiving "0" data correctly

9. Variable length receive in MSComm

10. HOW RECEIVE BINARY DATA WITH MSCOMM AND STORE THEM AS ASCII

11. mscomm, error in receiving data

12. MSComm Receive Delay