Using a scanner in IE with VB6 on WinXP
Author Message
 Using a scanner in IE with VB6 on WinXP

Hi everybody,

my trouble is easy........

I have a DLL that works properly on WinNT, Win9X and Win2000. This DLL
allows the user to scan a document and save it to the server's HD. The
application is web-based developed in ASP and the DLL is developed in Visual
Basic 6.
This DLL does not work on WinXP.
Has anybody experienced the same trouble and found a solution?

Thanks!!

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:54:09 GMT
 Using a scanner in IE with VB6 on WinXP
the answer can be easy too :)
1. Check if you (DLL) has enough permissions to the folder on WinXP (most
likely cause)
2. If the dll is registered in COM+  then check that the user ( as set on
the Identity tab of the COM+ package) has rights to access/write on that
folder.
HTH
--
Ashok Gupta - ashi

> Hi everybody,

> my trouble is easy........

> I have a DLL that works properly on WinNT, Win9X and Win2000. This DLL
> allows the user to scan a document and save it to the server's HD. The
> application is web-based developed in ASP and the DLL is developed in
Visual
> Basic 6.
> This DLL does not work on WinXP.
> Has anybody experienced the same trouble and found a solution?

> Thanks!!

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:02:10 GMT

1. Using a scanner in IE with VB6 on WinXP

2. Handling Scanner via IE browser using Client site VB Scripting

3. using scanner in VB6?

4. Weird behaviour in a vb6 app using IE Control

5. I.E. 5.0 Windows Won't Close with VB6 API Code

6. Help, VB6 Pro WinXP Pro Win98 2nd

7. VB6 SP5 project size limit with WinXP?

8. VB6 app refuses to shut down in WinXP

9. Crashes with VB6 and WinXP

10. Question about ASP/WinXP/VB6.0

11. VB97 and VB6 crashing in WinXP Pro

12. WinXP & VB6 (sp5) compatibility