Debug ASP with VB COM
Author Message
 Debug ASP with VB COM

Hi all,

I have to write program which require to read a PDF file using a native dll.
So I use asp + vb com, asp call vb com object and vb com object call native
dll, but the dll have some problem, how can I debug it?
My question is: how can I debug asp or debug vb com ?

Thanks all

Ray

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 09:29:28 GMT
 Debug ASP with VB COM
I think I know a good idea to debug VB com used in ASP.
1)  you make another VB com which is only one class one function

class PassThrough
public function GetObject(byval keyword) as object
    set getobject=createobject(keyword) ' for example "test.testclass"
end function
end class

2) use the simple COM in your ASP.

dim TempObj
dim YourObj
 set TempObj=server.createobject("Temp.Passthrough")
set YourObj=TempObj.Getobject("YourCom.YourClass")

3) when you want to test, on the sever run your com project, then
call the asp , your will find the debug is begin on the VB debug windows.

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I have to write program which require to read a PDF file using a native
dll.
> So I use asp + vb com, asp call vb com object and vb com object call
native
> dll, but the dll have some problem, how can I debug it?
> My question is: how can I debug asp or debug vb com ?

> Thanks all

> Ray

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:57:11 GMT
 Debug ASP with VB COM
If I have understood the question right, you want to debug your custom DLL
(not on that Native PDF dll right?).
1. Set the binary compatibility in your vb dll project to the compiled DLL
(your vb dll)
2. run the VB project with apporpriate break points in the vb code
3. open the asp page in the browser and walk thru the vb code to see the
error in your dll
If the code doesnt enter the debug mode in VB, check this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299633
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244457

If you want to debug the native pdf dll, I do not think it will be possible
to debug it.

HTH

--
Ashok Gupta - ashi

> Hi all,

> I have to write program which require to read a PDF file using a native
dll.
> So I use asp + vb com, asp call vb com object and vb com object call
native
> dll, but the dll have some problem, how can I debug it?
> My question is: how can I debug asp or debug vb com ?

> Thanks all

> Ray

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 19:43:48 GMT
 Debug ASP with VB COM
Thank you, I want it answer excetly.

Quote:
> If I have understood the question right, you want to debug your custom DLL
> (not on that Native PDF dll right?).
> 1. Set the binary compatibility in your vb dll project to the compiled DLL
> (your vb dll)
> 2. run the VB project with apporpriate break points in the vb code
> 3. open the asp page in the browser and walk thru the vb code to see the
> error in your dll
> If the code doesnt enter the debug mode in VB, check this
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299633
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244457

> If you want to debug the native pdf dll, I do not think it will be
possible
> to debug it.

> HTH

> --
> Ashok Gupta - ashi
rights.

> > Hi all,

> > I have to write program which require to read a PDF file using a native
> dll.
> > So I use asp + vb com, asp call vb com object and vb com object call
> native
> > dll, but the dll have some problem, how can I debug it?
> > My question is: how can I debug asp or debug vb com ?

> > Thanks all

> > Ray

Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:21:28 GMT

1. Debugging VB COM Components used in ASP

2. Can't debug ASP/COM components from VB6

3. Solution (hack) for debugging ASP com component under Win20000

4. Debugging COM with ASP

5. Debugging ASP/COM

6. com object will not read registry when com object called from asp (vb works fine)

7. VB.NET COM interop debugging

8. How to debug a COM component (VB DLL)?

9. Debugging VB COM components?

10. Debugging VB COM inder Win2000

11. debugging compiled VB com+ components

12. COM, vb, idl, debugging, and nightmares