Missing file so VB can't install a program???
Author Message
 Missing file so VB can't install a program???

Hi all...
For the first time ever, I got the following notice when I'm trying to
install a VB6 program from the installer made by the Package and Deployment
Add-In...

It says...

*** ERROR: The file
'C:\DOCUME~1\JIMRUD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msftqws.pdw\$(DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could
not be registered because it was not found.

This is from the log file...

Can anyone help here? What's that file and why's it missing?

Running W2kPRO, VB6 and I just updated yesterday to SP5....

Is THAT the problem?

Help?
--

Jim Rudnick
MCSD........KKT INTERACTIVE.....www.kkti.com

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:24:59 GMT
 Missing file so VB can't install a program???
Jim,

This is a result of the dependency file for MSCAL.OCX incorrectly marking
the file as DLLSelfRegisterEx.  You can modify your setup.lst file to
change MSCAL.OCX from DLLSelfRegisterEx to DLLSelfRegister.  You can also
check out the following KB article for more information about this:
Q208699 - BUG: Error "$(DllSelfRegisterEx) Could Not Be Registered"

To find a KB article you can type "MSKB articlenum" into Internet
Explorer's Address Bar (without the quotes) or you can go to
http://support.microsoft.com.

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support
reserved.

--------------------

| Subject: Missing file so VB can't install a program???
| Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 11:24:59 -0400

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.com
|
| Hi all...
| For the first time ever, I got the following notice when I'm trying to
| install a VB6 program from the installer made by the Package and
Deployment
| Add-In...
|
| It says...
|
| *** ERROR: The file
| 'C:\DOCUME~1\JIMRUD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msftqws.pdw\$(DLLSelfRegisterEx)'
could
| not be registered because it was not found.
|
| This is from the log file...
|
| Can anyone help here? What's that file and why's it missing?
|
| Running W2kPRO, VB6 and I just updated yesterday to SP5....
|
| Is THAT the problem?
|
| Help?
| --
|
| Jim Rudnick
| MCSD........KKT INTERACTIVE.....www.kkti.com
| *********************************************************
| *........Try our ResumeEmailer application!.........*
| *********************************************************
| *............www.kkti.com/Products/Emailer.........*
| *********************************************************

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:12:13 GMT

1. 'Canned' data in VB program

2. Sound missing on installed VB program only

3. install the deployed program and couldn't find mdb file

4. creating an install program (which doesn't need to be installed itself)

5. Install the deployed program but couldn't find mbd file

6. My Program won't install on another computer, have VB studio Pro

7. VB program on file server without local DLLs installed

8. Missing Files After Installing Internet Explorer 7

9. Missing MCI32.OCX can't run the program

11. Missing DLL that's not missing -sortof.