DCOM (ActiveX Cannot create Object)
Author Message
 DCOM (ActiveX Cannot create Object)

Hi All

I have created DCOM registred on Server When I am trying to access from client I am getting error "Activex cannot create object.
I have checked with DCOMCNFG,  DCOM AppID is there on server and same is on client registry and rermote server IP too.

I dont know why I am getting this error. Is there any thing else I have to do.

I will be very thankfull if some one Gave me some link or advice to solve this problem.

Regards

Fayyaz

Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:41:18 GMT
 DCOM (ActiveX Cannot create Object)
What about the security settings on the Server? Did you try to configure
remote acces through DCOMCNFG with a specific login and pwd?

Bhasker.

Hi All

I have created DCOM registred on Server When I am trying to access from
client I am getting error "Activex cannot create object.
I have checked with DCOMCNFG,  DCOM AppID is there on server and same is on
client registry and rermote server IP too.

I dont know why I am getting this error. Is there any thing else I have to
do.

I will be very thankfull if some one Gave me some link or advice to solve
this problem.

Regards

Fayyaz

Sun, 05 Dec 2004 18:09:02 GMT
 DCOM (ActiveX Cannot create Object)

you should specify on your client that serverapplication is running remotely (from connection manager<-vbtools) and also
from dcomcnfg be sure that your userloginname is in every access, creation, etc Option. After that, you should close server so as to let windows load the changes you've made.
Cheers,
Xavi

  Hi All

  I have created DCOM registred on Server When I am trying to access from client I am getting error "Activex cannot create object.
  I have checked with DCOMCNFG,  DCOM AppID is there on server and same is on client registry and rermote server IP too.

  I dont know why I am getting this error. Is there any thing else I have to do.

  I will be very thankfull if some one Gave me some link or advice to solve this problem.

  Regards

  Fayyaz

Sun, 05 Dec 2004 18:24:18 GMT

1. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

2. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

3. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

4. DCOM Problem - Err 429 ActiveX Component can't create Object

5. Error 429: ActiveX compnent cannot create object

6. Error 429: ActiveX Component cannot create object

7. ActiveX component cannot create object ...

8. ActiveX Componant Cannot Create Object

9. Error 429 (ActiveX component cannot create object) with RDO

10. RDO "ActiveX cannot create object"???

11. Help: Error 429 ActiveX component cannot create object

12. VB5 ActiveX cannot create object