Current RecordSet does not support updating Oracle 8
Author Message
 Current RecordSet does not support updating Oracle 8

Hello,

    While inserting a blob into a long field I get this error

"Current RecordSet does not support updating. This may be a limitation of
the provider , or of the selected locktype ."

    Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
    Set msStream = New ADODB.Stream

    rs.Open "Select syh_contents,syh_length from sysadm.sy_history where
syh_key =" & nMyKey, mvarConn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

    msStream.Type = adTypeBinary
    msStream.Open
    msStream.LoadFromFile "c:\tmp.jpg"

    rs.Fields("syh_contents").Value = msStream.Read
    rs.Fields("syh_length").Value = msStream.Size

    rs.Update

    mvarConn.CommitTrans

Does somebody know what to do about this ?

Greetings,

Filip W.

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:41:33 GMT
 Current RecordSet does not support updating Oracle 8
Find settings that give you the supported operations you need with
www.adoanywhere.com/cnet

Also see http://www.adoanywhere.com/ado_faq/supports for some info about
supported operations of recordsets.

--
Michael Collier Bsc (Hons)

Interactive ADO Browser Trial  www.adoanywhere.com/cnet
Free ADO Browser (FAB)  www.adoanywhere.com/fab
Home Page www.adoanywhere.com

> Hello,

>     While inserting a blob into a long field I get this error

> "Current RecordSet does not support updating. This may be a limitation of
> the provider , or of the selected locktype ."

>     Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
>     Set msStream = New ADODB.Stream

>     rs.Open "Select syh_contents,syh_length from sysadm.sy_history where
> syh_key =" & nMyKey, mvarConn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

>     msStream.Type = adTypeBinary
>     msStream.Open
>     msStream.LoadFromFile "c:\tmp.jpg"

>     rs.Fields("syh_contents").Value = msStream.Read
>     rs.Fields("syh_length").Value = msStream.Size

>     rs.Update

>     mvarConn.CommitTrans

> Does somebody know what to do about this ?

> Greetings,

> Filip W.

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:50:35 GMT

1. Current RecordSet does not support updating Oracle 8

2. Current Recordset does not support updating

3. Current Recordset does not support updating

4. Current Recordset does not support bookmarks

5. Help: Current Recordset does not support bookmarks...

6. Current provider does not support returning multiple recordsets from a single execution

7. Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM

8. 3251 Current provider doesn't support returning multiple recordsets from a single execution

9. ADODB.Recordset.Update does not update?

10. Bound controls not updating ADO with adodc.recordset.update command

11. Updating textbox via code not updating recordset

12. ADO Update the Database with the modify done on a disconnected recordset in background mode