How To Debug a VB6 DLL on Exchange Server 5.5?
Author Message
 How To Debug a VB6 DLL on Exchange Server 5.5?

I am posting this question to the newsgroup in an attempt to get a better
underdstanding of COM.

Essentially, I have a VB6 DLL registered on an NT machine running Exchange
Server 5.5.  The DLL is used in conjunction with Exchange Script that fires
off the DLL.  What I would like to do is determine how I can debug the
component when it is invoked.

I have worked with in process Active X components (dll files) that are
called from a normal vb exe application.  In those instances I have been
able to debug the DLL component by creating a project group that contains  a
standard exe project along with the dll project files.  So I understand how
to debug a dll in that scenario.

But I am not sure how to debug a dll that is triggered by an exchange script
on the NT machine.  Is it possible to create an instance the VB DLL project,
run the project, and then have the exchange script invoke the dll code from
the vb project?

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks!

Derek

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How To Debug a VB6 DLL on Exchange Server 5.5?

In the Debugging tab of Project Properties, make sure "Wait for object to be
created" is ticked.  Then set your breakpoints and hit Play.  When the
object is created, it will run inside the VB IDE and you can debug normally.

Quote:
> I am posting this question to the newsgroup in an attempt to get a better
> underdstanding of COM.

> Essentially, I have a VB6 DLL registered on an NT machine running Exchange
> Server 5.5.  The DLL is used in conjunction with Exchange Script that
fires
> off the DLL.  What I would like to do is determine how I can debug the
> component when it is invoked.

> I have worked with in process Active X components (dll files) that are
> called from a normal vb exe application.  In those instances I have been
> able to debug the DLL component by creating a project group that contains
> standard exe project along with the dll project files.  So I understand
how
> to debug a dll in that scenario.

> But I am not sure how to debug a dll that is triggered by an exchange
script
> on the NT machine.  Is it possible to create an instance the VB DLL
project,
> run the project, and then have the exchange script invoke the dll code
from
> the vb project?

> Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated?

> Thanks!

> Derek

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Move mailboxes server to server same site Exchange 5.5

2. Connecting to Exchange 5.5 server with Outlook 2002

3. VB6 and Exchange 5.5

4. Exchange Server 5.5 - Italian language support for OL2000 client

5. CDO 1.21 or 2000 for Exchange Server 5.5?

6. Best method of working with Access 97 / Outlook 2000 / Exchange Server 5.5

7. Exchange Server 5.5 & VB.NET

8. Exchange Server 5.5

9. CDONTS ASP NT IIS EXCHANGE SERVER 5.5

10. cdonts and exchange server 5.5

11. exchange server 5.5 scripting

12. Helps needed for vbscript on Exchange Server 5.5