delete records in Foxpro
Author Message
 delete records in Foxpro

i am using ADO...
connecting to a foxpro database via DSN...

i am using...rs.open "delete from abc.dbf where empcode='" & sdfkjdkf &
"'",cn,3,1

this statement is deleting the record from the foxpro table, but it is not
parmanently deleting from the table..

Dipak

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:32:22 GMT
 delete records in Foxpro
Dipak,

I think you need to run your SQL on the connection object that the recordset
is bound to, not the recordset object itself. Let me know if your working
with a "free" .dbf table, or a table bound to a database container, a .dbc
file, and I'll follow-up with an appropriate example. Are you using ODBC or
the VFPOLEDB provider shipped with VFP7?

One more thing to consider is that when records are deleted from a .dbf
table, they are simply "marked" for deletion, meaning they are still in the
table until you do a  "pack". Consider this a *temporary* delete, as these
records can still be recovered. Similar to dropping folders/files in the
recycle bin. However, once the table is packed, all records marked for
deletion are *permanently* deleted and cannot be recovered.

HTH

Quote:
> i am using ADO...
> connecting to a foxpro database via DSN...

> i am using...rs.open "delete from abc.dbf where empcode='" & sdfkjdkf &
> "'",cn,3,1

> this statement is deleting the record from the foxpro table, but it is not
> parmanently deleting from the table..

> Dipak

Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:00:03 GMT
 delete records in Foxpro
Check your email

Quote:
> i am using ADO...
> connecting to a foxpro database via DSN...

> i am using...rs.open "delete from abc.dbf where empcode='" & sdfkjdkf &
> "'",cn,3,1

> this statement is deleting the record from the foxpro table, but it is not
> parmanently deleting from the table..

> Dipak

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:52:44 GMT

1. Cannot delete record on FoxPro 2.5 DB

2. Deleted Records Under FoxPro 2.6

3. delete records in foxpro

4. Delete records in foxpro

5. How Do I NOT Display deleted records using FoxPro 2.5 Database

6. Cannot add record to Visual Foxpro table after deleting all records in table

7. Foxpro database (Deleted Records)

8. Foxpro Deleted Records

9. deleting records from a Foxpro database

10. Handling A deleted Foxpro Record

11. Accessing Foxpro dbf - deleted records

12. FoxPro ODBC Driver Shows Deleted Records