Shared Property Error
Author Message
 Shared Property Error

Using the SPM extensively seems to generate a sporadic
COM+ error.  The error is elusive and hard to track down.
The concern I have is that when using LockSetGet, we are
creating a locking situation. What happens when the lock
is invoked? DOes it cause the app to crash and spit out
the COM+ error?

This is using VB with multiple clients possibly accessing
the same properties at the same time.

Thanks,
       Gene

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:46:33 GMT
 Shared Property Error
what is exactly the error?

--
Steffen Ramlow
Enterprise Development: http://www.dev-purgatory.org/

Quote:
> Using the SPM extensively seems to generate a sporadic
> COM+ error.  The error is elusive and hard to track down.
> The concern I have is that when using LockSetGet, we are
> creating a locking situation. What happens when the lock
> is invoked? DOes it cause the app to crash and spit out
> the COM+ error?

> This is using VB with multiple clients possibly accessing
> the same properties at the same time.

> Thanks,
>        Gene

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 01:31:11 GMT
 Shared Property Error
It varies. It's always a COM+ error that kills the
application. Error handling in VB doesn't catch it. The
call stack usually points to a mod in the VB runtime.
Zombie_QueryInterface

That's basically the content of what is dumped to the
Event Viewer.

Quote:

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 02:11:47 GMT
 Shared Property Error
show us the code which writes and gets the data into / from SPM

--
Steffen Ramlow
Enterprise Development: http://www.dev-purgatory.org/

Quote:
> It varies. It's always a COM+ error that kills the
> application. Error handling in VB doesn't catch it. The
> call stack usually points to a mod in the VB runtime.
> Zombie_QueryInterface

> That's basically the content of what is dumped to the
> Event Viewer.

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 03:39:15 GMT

1. VB script Share Property error

2. Trapping file sharing errors w/o ON ERROR?

3. user controls sharing the same ID property on a page

4. Shared Property in .NET?

5. GetProperty cannot return shared properties?

6. Shared Property and Enum Types

7. Initializing Shared Properties in a Class?

8. Shared Properties and Interfaces / Inheritance

9. Best place to fit the shared property manager

10. Share variables or properties of an object between programs

11. Shared Property Manager

12. VB6?: Properties & Explorer Windows Sharing left edge