Using VB COM with MTS on NT Server 4.0 (Servic pack 4)
Author Message
 Using VB COM with MTS on NT Server 4.0 (Servic pack 4)

What's up people,

    I'm building a 3-tier application that uses VB COM components to access
an SQL server 7.0 database.  I placed the Business components in MTS
packages as appropriate on an NT 4.0 server.  I open the business objects in
one instance of VB with the client program included in the project group.  I
open another instance of VB with the Data objects in it.  When I go to run
the program it tells me that, "You have several objects that are marked as
MTS objects, but you do not have MTS installed on this machine or it is the
wrong version."  I've clearly got MTS installed on the machine because I can
put components into packages in MTS explorer.  I've even done a search to
make sure the MTS DLL is installed and in the registry (which it is).  I'm
using, "objContext.createInstance" as the means for creating objects in the
business teir.  The Data tier does not create objects for MTS, it just
"votes" so to speak on whether the transaction should proceed or fail with
set complete or set abort.  Does anybody have any idea where my idiot self
is screwing up?  What little thing am I missing?

thanks again,
Clifford R. Tillman, Jr.

p.s.
If you'd like me to e-mail you a copy of my source code, just let me know.

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using VB COM with MTS on NT Server 4.0 (Servic pack 4)
Is the DLL in winnt\system32\mts?  If it is in Program Files\Remote
Applications then unregister and remove it from there and re-register it in
winnt\system32\mts.

Also, if you installed (or re-installed) the Option Pack over service pack
4, you should re-install the service pack.

Brian A. Manlove
Magenic Technologies Int'l

Quote:
> "You have several objects that are marked as
> MTS objects, but you do not have MTS installed on this machine or it is
the
> wrong version."  I've clearly got MTS installed on the machine because I
can
> put components into packages in MTS explorer.  I've even done a search to
> make sure the MTS DLL is installed and in the registry (which it is).

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. BUG: NT 4.0 Beta 2 + VB 4.0 OLE Servers

2. Visual Basic 5 Servic Pack 3

3. VB 4.0 database access quits after installing NT 4.0 Server

4. newbie - COM with MTS Vs COM without MTS

5. Certificate Server Error - NT Option Pack / VB Enterprise

6. Roaming Profiles With Win95, Using NT Server 4.0

7. GetHostName API function not working for NT 4.0 (service pack 4)

8. Windows NT 4.0 service packs

9. LONDON - VB 5.0/Sql-Server 6.5/ NT 4.0 - Developers - Derivatives Trading Systems

10. VB 4.0/NT Server and Drive Letters

11. VB4.0a / NT 4.0 Server + SP2 and corrupted VB projects

12. FS:vb 4.0 Enterprise, Win NT Server, NTAS..