REGISTRY?
Author Message
 REGISTRY?

    I made a program, and I want that each time I turn on the computer, the
program start itself. I know that I can do this putting a line in the
regitry. I already done this, but I must do it manual, are some way to do
this automaticaly, with some API?

Thank.
Sergio

Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 REGISTRY?
Hi Sergio,

How about a .reg file that the setup installs, or even an inf file?

for a .reg file something like:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]
"Program2"="C:\\yourprogram.exe"

Just a thought,
Andrew

Quote:
>     I made a program, and I want that each time I turn on the computer,
the
> program start itself. I know that I can do this putting a line in the
> regitry. I already done this, but I must do it manual, are some way to do
> this automaticaly, with some API?

> Thank.
> Sergio

Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 REGISTRY?
However the entries are added, you should ensure they will be removed if the
app is uninstalled.

IMO, Registry entries should be made via the app itself and corresponding
entries should be added to the uninstall log.

For all of my app's I write a procedure that checks the registry for one of
my app's entries. If it isn't there, it must be the first time the user has
run the app', in which case I put all of my entries into the registry and
corresponding entries in the uninstall log. This not only ensures that they
all get removed if the app is uninstalled, but also acts as a safeguard
should the user inadvertently delete my registry entries.

The uninstall log is easy to open and append, looking at the entries already
in there shows the format yours need to be in.

Don't we all despise software that leaves behind redundant registry entries
?

BTW, there's really no need to cross post. Apologies for cross posting this
reply, I didn't know where the original poster was posting from.

--

Regards, Paul.

www.gooch.co.uk

Quote:
> Hi Sergio,

> How about a .reg file that the setup installs, or even an inf file?

> for a .reg file something like:

> REGEDIT4

> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]
> "Program2"="C:\\yourprogram.exe"

> Just a thought,
> Andrew

> >     I made a program, and I want that each time I turn on the computer,
> the
> > program start itself. I know that I can do this putting a line in the
> > regitry. I already done this, but I must do it manual, are some way to
do
> > this automaticaly, with some API?

> > Thank.
> > Sergio

Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling Registry.LocalMachine, Registry.CurrentUser by Registry.regHive?

2. REGISTRY How can I read a registry key?

3. Registry Problems Help Please! - registry.bas (0/1)

4. Registry Problems Help Please! - registry.bas (1/1)

5. Read Registry Keys and Trees / API Call for Registry access

6. enumerate registry entries using win32api registry functions

7. enum registry subkeys using winAPI32 registry functions

8. Importing/Exporting registry information to/from a registry file

9. How to export the whole registry or a part of keys in registry?

10. Registry security: Could not read key from registry; Interface not registered

11. Registry security: Could not read key from registry; Interface not registered

12. Error Accessing the System Registry! Fix for this and other registry troubles!