DCOM problem
Author Message
 DCOM problem

I'm working on a web application on two servers.

The first is a Front End (win2000) and the second (win2000) executes the
components.

When I call a COM from the front end server on a membership authenticated
ASP page I got the following error:

Server object, ASP 0193 (0x80070721)
An error occurred in the OnStartPage method of an external object.

Everything works fine on a non membership authenticated (public) page.

Knowledge base has an article
( http://www.*-*-*.com/
gn&FR=0&qry=80070721&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=MSALL) about a similar
problem but the solution consists in changing the auhentication method from
NTML to Basic. This does not works in my case cause my users are already
based authenicated. For me it's a permission problem, but can I solve it?

Greetings, Fabio.

Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:24:21 GMT
 DCOM problem
Fabio,

Try to trace your code with Team Remote De{*filter*}, you will see that it's
easier
and much more healthy that way ;-)

Team Remote De{*filter*} 2001 allows you and your team to trace any number of
code units of any kind (ASP,MTS,ISAPI,ActiveX Exe,DLL,COM,COM+,T-SQL Stored
procedures,Threads,CFML), written in any language
(ASP,VB,VC++,VJ,T-SQL,CFML,Delphi) residing on multiple shared and dedicated
servers at the same time.

Check it out & test-drive it here:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}.com/Team_Remote_De{*filter*}.asp

Good luck and take care,

Art
Software Architect
Spline Technologies Corp.
http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}.com/

Quote:
> I'm working on a web application on two servers.

> The first is a Front End (win2000) and the second (win2000) executes the
> components.

> When I call a COM from the front end server on a membership authenticated
> ASP page I got the following error:

> Server object, ASP 0193 (0x80070721)
> An error occurred in the OnStartPage method of an external object.

> Everything works fine on a non membership authenticated (public) page.

> Knowledge base has an article

( http://www.*-*-*.com/

> gn&FR=0&qry=80070721&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=MSALL) about a
similar
> problem but the solution consists in changing the auhentication method
from
> NTML to Basic. This does not works in my case cause my users are already
> based authenicated. For me it's a permission problem, but can I solve it?

> Greetings, Fabio.

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:11:47 GMT
 DCOM problem
Hi Fabio,

Please see this article, I think it can solve your problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q248/1/87.ASP

Regards,

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:57:10 GMT

1. DCOM problem sending email out of ASP script

2. DCOM problem

3. DCOM problems

4. <<HELP ME>> - DCOM Problems

5. DCOM Problem