Accessing Access with database level password using ADO
Author Message
 Accessing Access with database level password using ADO

I have an Access database for which I have defined a database level
password.  I need to access that database using an ADO connection.  Below is
the code I am attempting to use, but I keep getting an error message "not a
valid account name or password."  I have not setup any user accounts.  I'm
just trying to use database level security and am passing in the password of
"veronica".

There is a workgroup file out there.  I had to create one because if I
didn't, I got an error that the workgroup was missing.

Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks,

Veronica

Set cnHRApp = New ADODB.Connection

With cnHRApp
   .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
   .Properties("Jet OLEDB:System Database") = "\\sd-dns\it\HRApp\CTS.mdw"
   .Open "\\sd-dns\it\HRApp\HR Merit Inc App.mdb", , "veronica"
End With

Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Howto connect to a password protected access-database by using ADO

2. Setting / Unsetting Access Database Password using ADO.

3. Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine

4. ADO using MS Access with mdw system database for pw-access

5. PROBLEM Connecting to User Level secured Access Database with ADO

6. Accessing user level secured access databases

7. Using a Data Control in VB5 accessing a user-level secure Access 97 DB

8. ado and password protected two access database

9. ADO and Database Access 2000 with Password

10. Change MS Access database password through ADO (how?)

11. querying ado and two password protected access database

12. ADO and Access 97 Database Password.