URGENT !!! Interfaces and objects whith MTS
Author Message
 URGENT !!! Interfaces and objects whith MTS

Hi everybody !!!

I'm trying to bring the following to work  (using VB5 Enterprise):
-  I have written the interface 'ITest' to my 'Testx' components in the
'Interface' project. I have then compiled the project to create a valid type
library (.TLB). The alternative wold have been to write the interface with
IDL and compiling it to get the type library. I discarded the DLL file
created by the VB compiler.
-  In a new, indipendent, project 'TestPrj' I connected my Interface.tlb
file through the Refereces dialog (I included, of course, the MTS type
library, too). I implemented the interface into 3 different classes 'Test1',
'Test2' and 'Test3'. I set the class property of the 3 classes to
PublicNotCreatable, and then wrote a GlobalMultiUse class factory called
'TestFactory', which is responsible for the dynamic creation of my objects.
I compiled successfully this project, too.
-  In the third step I created a new MTS package that includes my TestPrj
components, and exported the package to generate the client setup.
Everything seemed to work fine until then.

I'm now trying to use my components through MTS in a standard EXE project
that I want to create on another computer on wich I installed the client MTS
package.
1.  In the references dialog I have both Itest.tlb and TestProj.DLL files:
should I include both files or only the interface type library ?
2.  In a first test I received the message 'can not create the object'. Went
I somewhere else wrong ?
3.  As I create the installation program (using the standard setup wizard)
will all my MTS client packages be included on the setup CD, and are they
automatically installed on the client computer as setup runs ?

Many thanks in advance for helping me.
Marco

Wed, 08 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 URGENT !!! Interfaces and objects whith MTS

inline

--

http://sabbadin.tripod.com
MTS FAQ: http://sabbadin.tripod.com/mts_faq.htm

Quote:
> Hi everybody !!!

> I'm trying to bring the following to work  (using VB5 Enterprise):
> -  I have written the interface 'ITest' to my 'Testx' components in the
> 'Interface' project. I have then compiled the project to create a valid
type
> library (.TLB). The alternative wold have been to write the interface with
> IDL and compiling it to get the type library. I discarded the DLL file
> created by the VB compiler.
> -  In a new, indipendent, project 'TestPrj' I connected my Interface.tlb
> file through the Refereces dialog (I included, of course, the MTS type
> library, too). I implemented the interface into 3 different classes
'Test1',
> 'Test2' and 'Test3'. I set the class property of the 3 classes to
> PublicNotCreatable, and then wrote a GlobalMultiUse class factory called
> 'TestFactory', which is responsible for the dynamic creation of my
objects.
> I compiled successfully this project, too.
> -  In the third step I created a new MTS package that includes my TestPrj
> components, and exported the package to generate the client setup.
> Everything seemed to work fine until then.

you may have noticed that the package didn't put into the directory the tlb.
but if you copy it manually it will be copied and registered when you run
the exe to set up the base client.

Quote:
> I'm now trying to use my components through MTS in a standard EXE project
> that I want to create on another computer on wich I installed the client
MTS
> package.
> 1.  In the references dialog I have both Itest.tlb and TestProj.DLL files:
> should I include both files or only the interface type library ?

if u use createobject you need only the tlb (reccomended) if you use New you
need testprj as well (you need to know the clsid)

> 2.  In a first test I received the message 'can not create the object'.
Went
> I somewhere else wrong ?
> 3.  As I create the installation program (using the standard setup wizard)
> will all my MTS client packages be included on the setup CD, and are they
> automatically installed on the client computer as setup runs ?

> Many thanks in advance for helping me.
> Marco

Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT !!! Interfaces and objects whith MTS

2. NEWBIE: Interface of MTS Component - How do I generate an the Interface Information

3. MTS and Non MTS objects from same code

4. Quering an interface from another using MTS and ASP

5. VB MTS Components loosing Interfaces

6. Maintaining variable data and objects in a MTS object

7. Samples for MTS, multi-interface, COM samples with security

8. Automation error 2147164145 (8004e00f) while deploying and running interface classes on MTS

9. MTS COM using Interfaces

10. MTS & Custom Interface

11. Want Client to Dim an Interface on the MTS server

12. MTS and Interfaces explanation needed