Call DLL
Author Message
 Call DLL

Hello everybody!
How can I call a DLL function in Visual Basic 6 if the DLL created in Visual
How can I call the function if the DLL created in C++ Builder?
Maybe I should use special rules when I cretate a DLL? I so, what should I

I tried the following code:
Private Declare Sub Msg Lib "testdll" Alias "Message" ()
And I call the "Msg" function as Msg,
but I have an error message "Cannot find a file testdll"
Which file(s) I need for call DLL.

Thank you in advance, sorry for a lot of questions...

Sat, 15 May 2004 17:52:31 GMT
 Call DLL

My name is Jian-Wei Yu. Thank you for using the Microsoft VB Newsgroups.

Please refer to:

INFO: Visual Basic Requirements for Using Exported DLLs (Q188541) at
HOWTO: Make C DLL More Accessible to VB with a Type Library (Q189133) at

Hope it helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Jian-Wei Yu
Microsoft Support

Sun, 16 May 2004 17:56:04 GMT

1. All about API calls DLL calls

2. Calling DLL's in Access: Delphi DLL

3. ActiveX DLL calling DLL procedures from ASP app...

4. DLL's Calling DLL's for ADO Connection

5. Calling dll under access

6. How to call dll in variable location

7. Help calling DLL with Null terminated strings

8. Help calling DLL

9. call DLL's from Access

10. Run time Error 49 while calling DLL

11. Calling Dll's with Access

12. URGENT: Book/info about calling DLLs from VBA